The M.Sc. Game Technology course at ICAT is a 2 years, full-time program that triggers your creativity, loads you with technology and sharpens your artistry to find you top careers in Game Designing / Development / Programming and in various other Design related companies.
The course provides you all the knowledge on different faces of game production, like developing graphics, animations, and 2D/3D models; programming for different mediums; UI/UX designing; and all necessary concepts, techniques, software and tools required to create fully-operable games.
Need to Study Game Technology
Game industry today has grown multi-fold to a very promising sector that makes it a trusted resource for investors, government agencies and associated industries. With huge investments pouring in the industry and with increasing need for highly challenging, out-of-the world games, the opportunities for skilled game professionals is increasing multi-fold. To deploy the opportunities and take up leading positions in the industry, it is necessary for young minds to gain advanced skills in game production.
The M.Sc. Game Technology course ICAT is such a course that loads you with advanced skills. It nurtures the best skills that equip you to face the real-time industry challenges and start a top career of your passion.
What will You Learn?
The course will help you to:
- Understand the various elements of art and design, related to applications and technologies.
- Learn the theories of user interface and gaming.
- Design and create digital graphics for games.
- Learn to use vital programming languages that are used to script for games.
- Understand the technical differences of designing/developing games for different mediums.
- Understand the game development pipeline.
- Understand the nuances of designing for Web.
- Develop 2D and 3D models.
- Animate 2D and 3D models, as appropriate for games.
- Work with audio files and integrate audio to games.
- Use the industry-standard tools and software necessary to create games of different platforms.
- Program for Web and mobile games.
- Design appropriate User Interface for games of different platforms.
- Use Game Engines with expertise.
- Specialize in any phase of game production.
The course includes 24 modules spread across the 4 semesters in 2 years. The modules are coined as per the latest industry demands.
|1||Introduction to Programming|
|Introduction to Graphics|
|Introduction to Programming – Lab|
|2||Vector Animation Techniques|
|Introduction to Web Technology|
|Introduction to Digital Audio|
|Game Development Process|
|2D Animation - Lab|
|User Interface Design - Lab|
|Experience Design for New Media|
|Real – time 3D design|
|Mobile Technology - Lab|
|Elective I||Game Design|
|Elective 1: Game Design|
|Elective 2: Game Art and Design|
|Elective 3: Game Level Design|
|Elective 4: Game Creation|
|Elective II||Game Programming|
|Elective 1: Software Project Management|
|Elective 2: Science for Gaming|
|Elective 3: Graphics Programming|
|Elective 4: AI for Games|
|Elective III||User Interface|
|Elective 1: Web Layout Design|
|Elective 2: Front – End Development|
|Elective 3: Responsive Web Design|
|Elective 4: Web Programming|
The learning outcome of each module is assessed through internal and external examinations at the end of each semester. The students will also be evaluated based on the originality, innovation, and product of the final project. Also, continuous monitoring of each student is done throughout the year.
During the course, you will be exposed to latest industry trends through Workshops, Seminars, and Guest Lectures from professionals in the field; Industrial Visits to game related industries; and live streaming of global Seminars.
ICAT offers its students with fully-equipped labs, gaming lounge, gaming consoles, exclusive Art and Design studios, highly-equipped Photography studios, Videography and Editing suites, Chroma Key studio, Live Sketching rooms and much more.
Preparation for Employment
The course prepares you for a perfect employment through real-time, industry-standard project works and through the motivation to work with external clients. Above all, your portfolio will be sent to production houses for review and for enhancing the chances of winning a job.
The M.Sc. Game Technology course at ICAT prepares you for exciting careers in Game industry that any creative mind would look out for. Along with quality training, best-in-class placement through ICAT’s long-term relationships with top companies in field will help you start your passionate career. Our placement services will help you grow in your career, even after you become our alumni.
What can You be?
On completing this course, you can be:
- AI Programmer
- Game Play Programmer
- Level Designer
- Particle / Special Effects Programmer
- Texture Artist
- 3D Game Artist
- 3D Environment Artist
- Character Animator
- Play Tester
- Character Artist
- 2D & 3D Artist
- Graphic Designer
- Visual Designer
- UI Programmer
- Web Designer
- UX Designer
- UI Designer
- SEO Specialist
- Multimedia Content Developer
Where can You be?
On completing this course, you can work for:
- Mobile Application Development Organizations
- Graphic Design Companies
- User Experience Design Industries
- App Development Organizations
- PC and Console Game Development Companies
- 3D Animation Studios
- Multimedia Educational Firms
- Web Application Development Companies
- PC and Console Game Development Companies
- Game Development Training Firms
Through 100% placement, we introduce all our students to the industry of their passion. With the knowledge they have gained at ICAT, the students reach more heights in their field of work. Just to mention, many of our students are now a part of National & International gaming companies and have worked in many famous Video Game titles.
Why Choose ICAT to Study the M.Sc. Game Technology Course?
Having groomed successful Game professionals who contribute their skills to top companies in field or own a development house, ICAT is moving a step ahead to augment the proficiency of aspirants through the M.Sc. Game Technology course.
Pursue at ICAT
Here are few highlighting points that insist why you should pursue the course at ICAT.
- Provides a curriculum framed as per the industry requirements
- Degree offered in collaboration with Bharathiar University
- Includes fully-equipped labs with advanced equipments and software
- Incorporates constructive teaching methodologies
- Includes passionate faculties
- Includes industry professionals as Guest lecturers to acquaint students with industry requirements
- Design portfolios highlighting individual strength of each student is sent to production houses for review
- Students of a batch are allocated a Personal Mentor, who will guide a student through the Personal Development Planning process.
- Each student will be allocated a supervisor for their studies to provide support for their project and dissertation.
- A separate Students Service Desk is managed at each location with a Student Advisor as part of the desk. The Student Advisor provides guidance and advice about finance, study skills, personal problems and many other matters.
- The Student Service Desk organizes club activities and other get together.
- The Student Service Desk acts as a contact point for parents/Guardians and also they organize for liaison meeting between staff and students.
- Dedicated, Spacious classrooms for each department
- Membership with British Council Library, American Library
- Library with essential readings, reference books, latest journals and magazines
- Locker facilities for students to store their study material safe
- Air-conditioned hall for seminars and workshops
- Personal tutoring space, where students can interact with the dedicated personal tutor to discuss their projects and ideas
- Exclusively designed space for students to work in groups and also as individuals, based on project types
- Common working zone, where students can work along with other department students
- Students’ lounge, for students to relax and recreate
With its long, successful presence in the Digital Media education industry, ICAT has gained valuable contacts of leading companies in the industry. These contacts are well utilized by the Placement Cell at ICAT, which strives to place all the students in the field of their passion.
So far, the Placement Cell is proud to maintain a record of 100% placement and in Top Companies in India.
During the tenure at the college, each student is motivated to participate in National Level and International competitions, where they can showcase their talents and personally understand where they stand among the students of rest of the world. In this regard, our students have so far won numerous awards in both National and International Competitions.
With ICAT, you have the opportunity to study at any of our 3 state-of-the-art campuses located at the Shores of Bay of Bengal (Chennai), Silicon Valley of India (Bangalore), and the City of Pearls (Hyderabad).
The ICAT campuses are located at the heart of the Capital cities of three important states in South India. The strategically located campuses expose the students to eminent landmarks/events of the metropolitan cities, which is very important for the Creators of Tomorrow to understand the trending world.
The campuses of ICAT College are loaded with spacious classrooms, library with essential readings, locker facilities for students, air-conditioned halls, personal tutoring space, common working zone, students’ lounge and so on.
ICAT Design & Media College
153, Santhome High Road,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004.
044 - 4293 4293,
+91 - 95001 28555
ICAT Design & Media College
424, Bommanahalli, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore - 560 068.
080 - 4110 7755,
+91 - 96111 73607
Get Admission/Fees Details
* Required Fields