The PG Diploma in Advertising Design course at ICAT is a 1 year, full-time program. The course is purely placement oriented and is sure to find you best opportunities in Design houses, Advertising firms, TV / Film industries, Event Management firms and Animation studios.
The course delivers a complete package of knowledge on advertising design, right from visual communication, photography, copywriting, brand building, PR & media relations to developing advertisements for different media like print, Web and television.
Need to Study Advertising
Advertisements are the best medium through which consumers can be informed about a product/service. Advertisements convey what the product/service is all about, its highlights, how it differs from the competitors, and how can it help the consumers. All this information should be conveyed in 30 seconds in case of a TV commercial or through a single design in case of print or Web. This can be done effectively by trained Advertisement Designers, who know how to improve the brand name, corporate identity, highlight the product, target the right audience and develop a campaign.
The PG Diploma in Advertising at ICAT is a program that grooms such Advertisement Designers.
What will You Learn?
The course will help you to:
- Design digital graphics communicating the idea, by using the right design elements and principles.
- Practice photography with respect to advertising.
- Understand copywriting related to different advertising media.
- Understand the design techniques for Print Media, Point of Purchase, Outdoor Media, and Ambient/Guerilla Advertising.
- Design advertisements for Web and Social Media.
- Understand Brand Building, Corporate Identity, PR & Media Relations, and Product Activation.
- Conceptualize a TV commercial from brief to storyboarding.
The course includes 6 distinctive modules that are designed to prepare the students for latest industry demands.
|SPP401||Specialist Practice I|
|SPP402||Specialist Practice II|
|SPP403||Specialist Practice III|
|SPP404||Specialist Practice IV|
The learning outcome of each module is assessed through periodical Formative Assessments (min. of 3), Assignments, Research Works, and through the originality, innovation, and product of the final Project. Also, continuous monitoring of each student is done throughout the year through peer assessments and internal/external reviews.
During the course, you will be exposed to latest industry trends through Workshops, Seminars, and Guest Lectures from professionals in the field; Industrial Visits to advertising related industries; Real-time and Professional Practices at leading organizations; and live streaming of global Seminars.
ICAT offers its students with fully-equipped labs with all the necessary industry-standard software and fully-equipped Photography studio.
Preparation for Employment
The course prepares you for a perfect employment through real-time, industry-standard project works and through the motivation to work with external clients. Above all, your portfolio will be sent to production houses for review and for enhancing the chances of winning a job.
The PG Diploma in Advertising Design at ICAT prepares you for esteem careers in Advertising that any creative mind would look out for. Along with quality training, best-in-class placement through ICAT’s long-term relationships with top companies in field will help you start your passionate career. Our placement services will help you grow in your career, even after you become our alumni.
What can You be?
On completing this course, you can be:
- Creative Director
- Art Director
- Graphic Designer
- Design Consultant
- Web Designer
- Design Educator
- Creative Consultant
Where can You be?
On completing this course, you can work for:
- Advertising Agencies
- Publication House
- Event Management Firms
- Animation Studio
- Advertising Copywriting
- Digital Marketing & Social Media
- Design Education
- Film Industry
Through 100% placement, we introduce all our students to the industry of their passion. With the knowledge they have gained at ICAT, the students have touched new heights in their field of work. Just to mention, many of our students are now a part of Hollywood, Bollywood and Kollywood movies, and have worked in many famous android and other OS games.
Why Choose ICAT to Study the PG Advertising Course?
ICAT is one of the first colleges in India to offer regular UG and PG courses in different facets of the Digital and Design Media industry.
Having offered best-in-class education for a decade now, ICAT is the leading college with its state-of-the-art campuses at Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad. It offers the best infrastructure to empower the learning experience of the students.
Pursue at ICAT
Here are few highlighting points that insist why you should pursue the course at ICAT.
- Power-Packed curriculum that prepares students to face real-time challenges
- 100% Placement
- Best-in-class labs with advanced equipments and software
- Constructive teaching methodologies
- Industry professionals as Guest lecturers to acquaint students with industry requirements
- Well supported and guided Major Project.
- Design portfolios highlighting individual strength of each student is sent to production houses for review
- Students of a batch are allocated a Personal Mentor, who will guide a student through the Personal Development Planning process.
- Each student will be allocated a supervisor for their studies to provide support for their project and dissertation.
- A separate Students Service Desk is managed at each location with a Student Advisor as part of the desk. The Student Advisor provides guidance and advice about finance, study skills, personal problems and many other matters.
- The Student Service Desk organizes club activities and other get together.
- The Student Service Desk acts as a contact point for parents/Guardians and also they organize for liaison meeting between staff and students.
- Dedicated, Spacious classrooms for each department
- Membership with British Council Library, American Library
- Library with essential readings, reference books, latest journals and magazines
- Locker facilities for students to store their study material safe
- Personal tutoring space, where students can interact with the dedicated personal tutor to discuss their projects and ideas
- Exclusively designed space for students to work in groups and also as individuals, based on project types
- Common working zone, where students can work along with other department students
- Students lounge, for students to relax and recreate
The placement cell at ICAT works closely with all the students until they get placed in the field of their passion. With around 50,000 alumni working at different levels in the industry, the Placement Cell maintains contacts with various leading companies.
So far, the Placement Cell is proud to maintain a record of 100% placement and in Top Companies in India.
During the tenure at the college, each student is motivated to participate in National Level and International competitions, where they can showcase their talents and personally understand where they stand among the students of rest of the world. In this regard, our students have so far won numerous awards in both National and International Competitions.
With ICAT, you have the opportunity to study at any of our 3 state-of-the-art campuses located at the Shores of Bay of Bengal (Chennai), Silicon Valley of India (Bangalore), and the City of Pearls (Hyderabad).
The ICAT campuses are located at the heart of the Capital cities of three important states in South India. The strategically located campuses expose the students to eminent landmarks/events of the metropolitan cities, which is very important for the Creators of Tomorrow to understand the trending world.
The campuses of ICAT College are loaded with spacious classrooms, library with essential readings, locker facilities for students, air-conditioned halls, personal tutoring space, common working zone, students’ lounge and so on.
ICAT Design & Media College
153, Santhome High Road,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004.
044 - 4293 4293,
+91 - 95001 28555
ICAT Design & Media College
424, Bommanahalli, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore - 560 068.
080 - 4110 7755,
+91 - 96111 73607
Get Admission/Fees Details
* Required Fields