The PG Diploma in Animation course at ICAT is a 1 year, full-time program, which is perfect for any individual who dreams for an energetic, promising and highly appreciable career in movies, television, advertisements, gaming and much more.
The course covers all the industry-standard concepts and techniques that every successful animator would need to know; right from ideation, storyboarding and 2D / 3D drawings to cinematography, digital sculpting, texturing, animation, rigging, match-moving and post-production works.
Need to Study Animations
As animations involve giving a human touch to inhuman things, lots of research and analysis need to be undertaken by an animator to get a realistic scene on screen. For this, an animator needs to be trained in the right direction of thinking and establish a better knowledge of creativity, visualization and the animation process.
The PG Diploma in Animation at ICAT is a program that imparts the best animation skills in every student, who aspires to reach their heights in the field of Animations.
What will You Learn?
The course will help you to:
- Generate ideas through mind maps, Mood boards, Semiotics, and so on.
- Identify the right design elements appropriate to a design brief.
- Create and edit 2D and 3D drawings.
- Explore and learn 2D and Experimental Animation.
- Create story for animation.
- Design characters and dialogues.
- Understand cinematography.
- Understand Digital Sculpting.
- Storyboard a video sequence.
- Perform set designing, muscle study, and costume and props designing.
- Create and Animate characters.
- Practice advanced CG modeling, texturing, lighting, rigging, animation and rendering.
- Practice Match-moving techniques.
- Perform post-production tasks.
The course includes 6 distinctive modules that are designed to prepare the students for latest industry demands.
|AND402||Idea Generation & Development|
|DMT401||Specialist Practice I – Art for Animation|
|DMT402||Specialist Practice II – CGI Foundation for Animation|
|DMT403||Specialist Practice III – Post Production for Animation|
The learning outcome of each module is assessed through periodical Formative Assessments (min. of 3), Assignments, Research Works, and through the originality, innovation, and product of the final Project. Also, continuous monitoring of each student is done throughout the year through peer assessments and internal/external reviews.
During the course, you will be exposed to latest industry trends through Workshops, Seminars, and Guest Lectures from professionals in the field; Industrial Visits to animation related industries; Real-time and Professional Practices at leading organizations; and live streaming of global Seminars.
ICAT offers its students with exclusive Animation rooms with Rostrum and Light Boxes, Photography studio, exclusive Art studio, Live Sketching rooms, Art labs, Videography & Editing suites, and a dedicated department that works exclusively for the production of high quality animations.
Preparation for Employment
The course prepares you for a perfect employment through real-time, industry-standard project works and through the motivation to work with external clients. Above all, your portfolio will be sent to production houses for review and for enhancing the chances of winning a job.
Being a perfect placement-oriented course, the PG Diploma in Animation at ICAT opens the doors of esteem opportunities in various companies and to freelance. Whatever career road you choose, ICAT’s long-term relationships with top companies in field and a bank of successful alumni will help you start your passionate career. Our placement services will help you grow in your career, even after you become our alumni.
What can You be?
On completing this course, you can be:
- Storyboard and Concept Artist
- Character Designer
- Technical Director
- Script Writer
- Art Director
- Organic & Inorganic Modeller
- Setup Artist
- Layout and Background Artist
- Graphic Designer
- Creative Director
Where can You be?
On completing this course, you can work for:
- Movies and televisions
- Advertisements and product demos
- Computer-based trainings and Web-based trainings
- Design Industry
- Computer / Mobile game development
- Medical simulations
- Educational institutions
Through 100% placement, we introduce all our students to the industry of their passion. With the knowledge they have gained at ICAT, the students reach more heights in their field of work. Just to mention, many of our students are now a part of Hollywood, Bollywood and Kollywood movies, and have worked in many famous android and other OS games.
Why Choose ICAT to Study the PG Animation Course?
ICAT has been serving the Digital Media Education industry for more than a decade now. In its tenure, ICAT has not only groomed skilled professionals but has helped them find the right position in the industry.
With its 100% placement record, ICAT is one of the best destinations for any student passionate about the Digital Media and Design field.
Pursue at ICAT
Here are few highlighting points that insist why you should pursue the course at ICAT.
- Provides a curriculum as per the international industry standards
- Is a 100% placement-Oriented course
- Incorporates labs with all necessary equipments and software
- Follows constructive teaching methodologies to enhance the learning experience
- Incorporates passionate faculties
- Incorporates guest lecturers, who are skilled professionals in the industry
- Design portfolios highlighting individual strength of each student is sent to production houses for review
- Students of a batch are allocated a Personal Mentor, who will guide a student through the Personal Development Planning process.
- Each student will be allocated a supervisor for their studies to provide support for their project and dissertation.
- A separate Students Service Desk is managed at each location with a Student Advisor as part of the desk. The Student Advisor provides guidance and advice about finance, study skills, personal problems and many other matters.
- The Student Service Desk organizes club activities and other get together.
- The Student Service Desk acts as a contact point for parents/Guardians and also they organize for liaison meeting between staff and students.
- Dedicated, Spacious classrooms for each department
- Membership with British Council Library, American Library
- Library with essential readings, reference books, latest journals and magazines
- Locker facilities for students to store their study material safe
- Personal tutoring space, where students can interact with the dedicated personal tutor to discuss their projects and ideas
- Exclusively designed space for students to work in groups and also as individuals, based on project types
- Common working zone, where students can work along with other department students
- Students lounge, for students to relax and recreate
The placement cell at ICAT works closely with all the students until they get placed in the field of their passion. The cell maintains contacts with various leading companies. Also, with around 50,000 alumni, the number of contacts in the industry is numerous.
So far, the Placement Cell is proud to maintain a record of 100% placement and in Top Companies in India.
During the tenure at the college, each student is motivated to participate in National Level and International competitions, where they can showcase their talents and personally understand where they stand among the students of rest of the world. In this regard, our students have so far won numerous awards in both National and International Competitions.
With ICAT, you have the opportunity to study at any of our 3 state-of-the-art campuses located at the Shores of Bay of Bengal (Chennai), Silicon Valley of India (Bangalore), and the City of Pearls (Hyderabad).
The ICAT campuses are located at the heart of the Capital cities of three important states in South India. The strategically located campuses expose the students to eminent landmarks/events of the metropolitan cities, which is very important for the Creators of Tomorrow to understand the trending world.
The campuses of ICAT College are loaded with spacious classrooms, library with essential readings, locker facilities for students, air-conditioned halls, personal tutoring space, common working zone, students’ lounge and so on.
ICAT Design & Media College
153, Santhome High Road,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004.
044 - 4293 4293,
+91 - 95001 28555
ICAT Design & Media College
424, Bommanahalli, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore - 560 068.
080 - 4110 7755,
+91 - 96111 73607
Get Admission/Fees Details
* Required Fields