The PG Diploma in Game Development course at ICAT is a 1 year, full-time program that offers intense practice to take up exciting career as a Game Programmer, AI/UI Programmer, Tool Developer, Level Designer and much more.
The course covers all the industry-standard concepts, techniques, software and programming languages that are required to make a game work in the most challenging and efficient way.
Need to Study Game Development
Apart from designing the interface of a game, creating a fully-operable game involves intense programming, which is responsible for tracking user inputs and posing challenges at the right moment. The programming skills required to develop a game should be nurtured in young aspirants in a practical environment, by the experts.
The PG Diploma in Game Development at ICAT is a program that offers practical-oriented learning through which students are made to dabble with their creative ideas in a simulated environment to come up with the best outputs.
What will You Learn?
The course will help you to:
- Understand the fundamentals of digital logic, game design strategies and game debugging strategies.
- Define game rules, such as challenges, puzzles, missions and goals to be encountered in game play.
- Acquire knowledge of mathematics, physics, computer science and software engineering necessary for game development.
- Understand target audience and build the game according to their interest and current industry trends.
- Produce components of digital games through programming.
- Implement game physics and artificial intelligence in developing games.
- Apply Vector Algebra and Matrix Algebra.
- Construct a program with essential features of a computer graphics API.
- Develop mobile games and test those using emulators and real phones.
- Explore the various mechanisms that a game engine has to offer in producing in-game content.
- Script programs to develop games for various platforms, such as Web, mobile, PC and console.
- Create impressive portfolio with distinct skills from counterparts.
The course includes 6 distinctive modules that are designed to prepare the students for latest industry demands.
|FND401||Foundation Studies: Fundamentals of Game Development|
|SPP401||Science for Game Programming|
|SPP402||Specialist Practice I: Game Development for PC|
|SPP403||Specialist Practice II: Game Development for Mobile|
|SPP404||Specialist Practice III: Game Engine and Web Game Development|
The learning outcome of each module is assessed through periodical Formative Assessments (min. of 3), Assignments, Research Works, and through the originality, innovation, and product of the final Project. Also, continuous monitoring of each student is done throughout the year through peer assessments and internal/external reviews.
During the course, you will be exposed to latest industry trends through Workshops, Seminars, and Guest Lectures from professionals in the field; Industrial Visits to game related industries; Real-time and Professional Practices at leading organizations; and live streaming of global Seminars.
ICAT offers its students with exclusive Game Machines equipped with selected titles for the purpose of study, fully equipped labs with all necessary industry-standard software and a dedicated department that works exclusively for the production of best-in-class game development projects.
Preparation for Employment
The course prepares you for a perfect employment through real-time, industry-standard project works and through the motivation to work with external clients. Above all, your portfolio will be sent to production houses for review and for enhancing the chances of winning a job.
The PG Diploma in Game Development at ICAT prepares you for the best careers in game companies and for becoming an entrepreneur. Whatever career path you choose, ICAT’s long-term relationships with top companies in field and a bank of successful alumni will help you start your passionate career. Our placement services will help you grow in your career, even after you become our alumni.
What can You be?
On completing this course, you can be:
- AI Programmer
- Audio / Video Programmer
- Plugin Developer
- Game Play Programmer
- Level Designer
- Tool Developer
- Particle / Special Effects Programmer
- UI programmer
- Testing Personnel
- Web Designer
Where can You be?
On completing this course, you can work for:
- Web and Mobile game development companies
- PC and consoles game development companies
- Game development Training firms
- Freelance Game Developers
Through 100% placement, we introduce all our students to the industry of their passion. With the knowledge they have gained at ICAT, the students reach more heights in their field of work. Just to mention, many of our students are now a part of Hollywood, Bollywood and Kollywood movies, and have worked in many famous android and other OS games.
Why Choose ICAT to Study the PG Game Development Course?
ICAT offers its courses with high standards through the expert faculties and best-in-class infrastructure. The faculties here are passionate about sharing their knowledge and grooming young minds as professionals.
The teaching methodology followed at ICAT enables its students to practice each concept in a real-time environment, understand the nuances, work with the mistakes they commit, explore their area of interest and understand their specialist skills.
Pursue at ICAT
Here are few highlighting points that insist why you should pursue the course at ICAT.
- Best-in-class curriculum that prepares students to face real-time challenges
- 100% Placement
- Specialist Labs with appropriate equipments and software
- Constructive teaching methodologies
- Industry professionals as Guest lecturers to acquaint students with industry requirements
- Collaboration with more than 50 major gaming companies including EA, Ubisoft and Game Loft
- Project-based learning environment, focusing mainly on skills and knowledge required to find immediate employment after finishing the course
- Prepares students to participate in local and international Game Design competitions, such as Dare Do Be Digital
- Encourages students to attend all major game industry related events in India, including NASCOM's Game Developers Conference
- Students of a batch are allocated a Personal Mentor, who will guide a student through the Personal Development Planning process.
- Each student will be allocated a supervisor for their studies to provide support for their project and dissertation.
- A separate Students Service Desk is managed at each location with a Student Advisor as part of the desk. The Student Advisor provides guidance and advice about finance, study skills, personal problems and many other matters.
- The Student Service Desk organizes club activities and other get together.
- The Student Service Desk acts as a contact point for parents/Guardians and also they organize for liaison meeting between staff and students.
- Dedicated, Spacious classrooms for each department
- Library with essential readings, reference books, latest journals and magazines
- Personal tutoring space, where students can interact with the dedicated personal tutor to discuss their projects and ideas
- Exclusively designed space for students to work in groups and also as individuals, based on project types
- Common working zone, where students can work along with other department students
- Students lounge, for students to relax and recreate
Serving the industry with skilled professional for around 17 years now, ICAT has enormous list of contacts in the current industry. Such contacts are well maintained and utilized by our Placement cell to maintain the record of 100% placement, till date. Working closely with various leading companies, the Placement Cell has placed almost all the students in Top Companies in India.
So far, the Placement Cell is proud to maintain a record of 100% placement and in Top Companies in India.
During the tenure at the college, each student is motivated to participate in National Level and International competitions, where they can showcase their talents and personally understand where they stand among the students of rest of the world. In this regard, our students have so far won numerous awards in both National and International Competitions.
With ICAT, you have the opportunity to study at any of our 3 state-of-the-art campuses located at the Shores of Bay of Bengal (Chennai), Silicon Valley of India (Bangalore), and the City of Pearls (Hyderabad).
The ICAT campuses are located at the heart of the Capital cities of three important states in South India. The strategically located campuses expose the students to eminent landmarks/events of the metropolitan cities, which is very important for the Creators of Tomorrow to understand the trending world.
The campuses of ICAT College are loaded with spacious classrooms, library with essential readings, locker facilities for students, air-conditioned halls, personal tutoring space, common working zone, students’ lounge and so on.
ICAT Design & Media College
153, Santhome High Road,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004.
044 - 4293 4293,
+91 - 95001 28555
ICAT Design & Media College
424, Bommanahalli, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore - 560 068.
080 - 4110 7755,
+91 - 96111 73607
Need BETTER CLARITY on:
- The course structure
- Benefits of studying the course
- Placement opportunities
- Admission and fee structure
* Required Fields