The PG Diploma in Multimedia Technologies course at ICAT is a 1 year, full-time program for passionate graduates, who want to seek a career in different Multimedia industry.
The course introduces different faces of the Multimedia industry right from designing logos, posters and other visually communicative designs to designing Web applications, user interfaces, animations and motion graphics.
Need to Study Multimedia Technologies
In the competitive world, where everyone strives hard to take a lead on others, holding diverse specialist knowledge is important to win the career race. To be successful in the field of Multimedia, one needs to understand its different faces and gain expertise knowledge.
The PG Diploma in Multimedia Technologies at ICAT is a program that enables you to gain expertise knowledge on various faces of the Multimedia industry.
What will You Learn?
The course will help you to:
- Understand the fundamentals of design, perspective drawing and storyboarding.
- Restore and retouch images, create images for Print and Web applications.
- Design logos, posters, banners, pamphlets, packages, newsletters and digital illustrations by using industry-standard software.
- Design interactive Web pages and manage Websites.
- Create interface designs for e-learning courses.
- Develop animations and right audio for e-learning courses.
- Perform pre-production tasks.
- Understand shooting techniques.
- Create architectural visualizations using industry standard 3D application.
- Edit videos to get the required footage.
- Create Motion Graphics.
The course includes 6 distinctive modules that are designed to prepare the students for latest industry demands.
|SPP402||DMT I (Graphic Designing)|
|SPP403||DMT II (Web Designing & E-learning Content Development)|
|SPP404||DMT III (3D & Motion Graphics)|
The learning outcome of each module is assessed through periodical Formative Assessments (min. of 3), Assignments, Research Works, and through the originality, innovation, and product of the final Project. Also, continuous monitoring of each student is done throughout the year through peer assessments and internal/external reviews.
During the course, you will be exposed to latest industry trends through Workshops, Seminars, and Guest Lectures from professionals in the field; Industrial Visits to media related industries; Real-time and Professional Practices at leading organizations; and live streaming of global Seminars.
ICAT offers its students with dedicated Multimedia classroom, fully-equipped labs with all necessary industry-standard software, Chroma Key studio, Design studio and Photography studio.
Preparation for Employment
The course prepares you for a perfect employment through real-time, industry-standard project works and through the motivation to work with external clients. Above all, your portfolio will be sent to production houses for review and for enhancing the chances of winning a job.
The PG Diploma in Multimedia Technologies at ICAT prepares you for varied careers in different media industries. Whatever is your passionate career, ICAT’s long-term relationships with top companies in field will help you start the career. Our placement services will help you grow in your career, even after you become our alumni.
What can You be?
On completing this course, you can be:
- Business Presentation Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Digital Illustrator
- Web Designer
- Interface Designer
- Video Editor
- Motion Graphics Artist
- E-learning Content Developer
- Flash Programmer
Where can You be?
On completing this course, you can work for:
- Design Studios
- IT companies
- 3D Studios
- Web Development Firms
Through 100% placement, we introduce all our students to the industry of their passion. With the knowledge they have gained at ICAT, the students reach more heights in their field of work. Just to mention, many of our students are now a part of Hollywood, Bollywood and Kollywood movies, and have worked in many famous android and other OS games.
Why Choose ICAT to Study the PG Multimedia Course?
Being pioneers in the field of Digital and Design Media education, ICAT has extended its educational services towards different faces of the industry, right from Graphic Designing, Web Designing and Photography to 3D Animation, VFX, Gaming, Fashion Design and Interior Design.
With its huge experience and expertise, ICAT has groomed skilled professionals who have now taken up different roles at various organizations around the globe.
Pursue at ICAT
Here are few highlighting points that insist why you should pursue the course at ICAT.
- Offers power-packed curriculum that prepares students to face real-time challenges
- Provides 100% Placement
- Includes best-in-class labs with advanced equipments and software
- Incorporates constructive teaching methodologies
- Includes industry professionals as Guest lecturers to acquaint students with industry requirements
- Offers pre-placement training
- Design portfolios highlighting individual strength of each student is sent to production houses for review
- Students of a batch are allocated a Personal Mentor, who will guide a student through the Personal Development Planning process.
- Each student will be allocated a supervisor for their studies to provide support for their project and dissertation.
- A separate Students Service Desk is managed at each location with a Student Advisor as part of the desk. The Student Advisor provides guidance and advice about finance, study skills, personal problems and many other matters.
- The Student Service Desk organizes club activities and other get together.
- The Student Service Desk acts as a contact point for parents/Guardians and also they organize for liaison meeting between staff and students.
- Dedicated, Spacious classrooms for each department
- Membership with British Council Library, American Library
- Library with essential readings, reference books, latest journals and magazines
- Locker facilities for students to store their study material safe
- Personal tutoring space, where students can interact with the dedicated personal tutor to discuss their projects and ideas
- Exclusively designed space for students to work in groups and also as individuals, based on project types
- Common working zone, where students can work along with other department students
- Students lounge, for students to relax and recreate
Being in the Digital Media Education industry for around two decades now, the Placement Cell at ICAT maintains contacts with various leading companies. The Placement Cell at ICAT works closely with all the students until they get placed in the field of their passion.
So far, the Placement Cell is proud to maintain a record of 100% placement and in Top Companies in India.
During the tenure at the college, each student is motivated to participate in National Level and International competitions, where they can showcase their talents and personally understand where they stand among the students of rest of the world. In this regard, our students have so far won numerous awards in both National and International Competitions.
With ICAT, you have the opportunity to study at any of our 3 state-of-the-art campuses located at the Shores of Bay of Bengal (Chennai), Silicon Valley of India (Bangalore), and the City of Pearls (Hyderabad).
The ICAT campuses are located at the heart of the Capital cities of three important states in South India. The strategically located campuses expose the students to eminent landmarks/events of the metropolitan cities, which is very important for the Creators of Tomorrow to understand the trending world.
The campuses of ICAT College are loaded with spacious classrooms, library with essential readings, locker facilities for students, air-conditioned halls, personal tutoring space, common working zone, students’ lounge and so on.
ICAT Design & Media College
153, Santhome High Road,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004.
044 - 4293 4293,
+91 - 95001 28555
ICAT Design & Media College
424, Bommanahalli, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore - 560 068.
080 - 4110 7755,
+91 - 96111 73607
Need BETTER CLARITY on:
- The course structure
- Benefits of studying the course
- Placement opportunities
- Admission and fee structure
* Required Fields