The PG Diploma in UI Design and Development course at ICAT is a 1 year, full-time program that can help you groom as a successful professional in top companies that are working towards taking their digital products to numerous global audience.
The course teaches how to create visually stunning interfaces not alone for traditional devices like Mobile and PC but also for AR and VR implementation. It also trains in creating images, animations, interactions, design navigations, structure sitemaps for Web and responsive Websites.
Need to Study UI Design and Development
The User Interface of a Website, game or an app decides the success or failure of the same. As we encounter a rapid increase in the number of Websites, games and apps, the need for perfect UI Design is felt in order to win more users. This proves the humongous need for skilled UI Designers/Developers.
The PG Diploma in User Interface Design and Development at ICAT is a program that grooms highly skilled UI Designers/Developers, who can create outstanding UIs addressing the market need.
What will You Learn?
The course will help you to:
- Understand the basic design elements and principles and about designing in computers.
- Learn ideation and concept generation through Mind map, Mood board, Semiotics, Metaphor, Themes and Styles.
- Develop enhanced visual sense to make right design choices.
- Use various data sorting methods.
- Create Information Architecture and present it as sitemap, system flow design and so on.
- Understand Project planning and implementation.
- Design wireframes for interfaces and Websites with an understanding of Human-computer interface standards and guidelines specific to each platform.
- Design interface layouts from wireframes.
- Use image-editing software for editing images and enhancing wireframe.
- Develop digital visual user interface for applications on Mobile, Web and new PC platform.
- Develop wireframes into functional web spaces using industry-standard process.
- Design appealing, rich user interactive Web pages by using HTML, CSS and jQuery.
- Practice the techniques of prototyping software application interfaces.
- Develop and evaluate interfaces for Web and interactive applications.
- Understand iOS or Android architectures.
- Understand Project tracking and Version control management.
- Develop interface for newer HCI like AR/VR applications.
- Develop an understanding of User Experiences (UX), quality vs. service issues, impact of HCI and visual perception of users.
The course includes 6 distinctive modules that are designed to prepare the students for latest industry demands.
|VFX401||Usability and User Experience|
The learning outcome of each module is assessed through periodical Formative Assessments (min. of 3), Assignments, Research Works, and through the originality, innovation, and product of the final Project. Also, continuous monitoring of each student is done throughout the year through peer assessments and internal/external reviews.
During the course, you will be exposed to latest industry trends through Workshops, Seminars, and Guest Lectures from professionals in the field; Industrial Visits to UI Design and Development related industries; Real-time and Professional Practices at leading organizations; and live streaming of global Seminars.
ICAT offers its students with fully-equipped labs with all the necessary industry-standard software, gaming lounge for recreation and study, gaming consoles to play and develop game interfaces, and access to Art and Design studios for first-hand experience on design.
Preparation for Employment
The course prepares you for a perfect employment through real-time, industry-standard project works and through the motivation to work with external clients. Above all, your portfolio will be sent to production houses for review and for enhancing the chances of winning a job.
The PG Diploma in UI Design and Development at ICAT prepares you for varied careers that will be of high importance in digital product development companies. ICAT’s long-term relationships with top companies in field will help you start such a successful career. Our placement services will help you grow in your career, even after you become our alumni.
What can You be?
On completing this course, you can be:
- Visual Designer
- Digital Illustrator
- Web Designer
- UX Designer
- UI Designer
- Multimedia Content Developer
Where can You be?
On completing this course, you can work for:
- Web Development Companies
- Mobile Application Development Organizations
- Graphic Design Companies
- User Experience Design Organizations
- App Development Organizations
- User Experience Design Industries
Through 100% placement, we introduce all our students to the industry of their passion. With the knowledge they have gained at ICAT, the students have touched new heights in their field of work. Just to mention, many of our students are now a part of Hollywood, Bollywood and Kollywood movies, and have worked in many famous android and other OS games.
Why Choose ICAT to Study the PG UI Design and Development Course?
ICAT is one of the first colleges in India to offer regular UG and PG courses in different facets of the Digital and Design Media industry.
Having offered best-in-class education for a decade now, ICAT is the leading college with its state-of-the-art campuses at Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad. It offers the best infrastructure to empower the learning experience of the students.
Pursue at ICAT
Here are few highlighting points that insist why you should pursue the course at ICAT.
- Power-Packed curriculum that prepares students to face real-time challenges
- 100% Placement
- Best-in-class labs with advanced equipments and software
- Constructive teaching methodologies
- Industry professionals as Guest lecturers to acquaint students with industry requirements
- Well supported and guided Major Project.
- Design portfolios highlighting individual strength of each student is sent to production houses for review
- Students of a batch are allocated a Personal Mentor, who will guide a student through the Personal Development Planning process.
- Each student will be allocated a supervisor for their studies to provide support for their project and dissertation.
- A separate Students Service Desk is managed at each location with a Student Advisor as part of the desk. The Student Advisor provides guidance and advice about finance, study skills, personal problems and many other matters.
- The Student Service Desk organizes club activities and other get together.
- The Student Service Desk acts as a contact point for parents/Guardians and also they organize for liaison meeting between staff and students.
- Dedicated, Spacious classrooms for each department
- Membership with British Council Library, American Library
- Library with essential readings, reference books, latest journals and magazines
- Locker facilities for students to store their study material safe
- Personal tutoring space, where students can interact with the dedicated personal tutor to discuss their projects and ideas
- Exclusively designed space for students to work in groups and also as individuals, based on project types
- Common working zone, where students can work along with other department students
- Students' lounge, for students to relax and recreate
The placement cell at ICAT works closely with all the students until they get placed in the field of their passion. With around 50,000 alumni working at different levels in the industry, the Placement Cell maintains contacts with various leading companies.
So far, the Placement Cell is proud to maintain a record of 100% placement and in Top Companies in India.
During the tenure at the college, each student is motivated to participate in National Level and International competitions, where they can showcase their talents and personally understand where they stand among the students of the rest of the world. In this regard, our students have so far won numerous awards in both National and International Competitions.
With ICAT, you have the opportunity to study at any of our 3 state-of-the-art campuses located at the Shores of Bay of Bengal (Chennai), Silicon Valley of India (Bangalore), and the City of Pearls (Hyderabad).
The ICAT campuses are located at the heart of the Capital cities of three important states in South India. The strategically located campuses expose the students to eminent landmarks/events of the metropolitan cities, which is very important for the Creators of Tomorrow to understand the trending world.
The campuses of ICAT College are loaded with spacious classrooms, library with essential readings, locker facilities for students, air-conditioned halls, personal tutoring space, common working zone, students’ lounge and so on.
ICAT Design & Media College
153, Santhome High Road,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004.
044 - 4293 4293,
+91 - 95001 28555
ICAT Design & Media College
424, Bommanahalli, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore - 560 068.
080 - 4110 7755,
+91 - 96111 73607
Get Admission/Fees Details
* Required Fields