The PG Diploma in Visual Effects course at ICAT is a 1 year, full-time program that can help you serve your viewers with a visual treat by taking up a career as a Digital Artist, Compositor, Vfx Supervisor, Technical Director, Digital Effects Animator, etc.
The course teaches all important concepts, techniques and software required for a successful Vfx professional, right from ideation, scripting, photography, and matte painting to cinematography, video editing, rotoscopy, 3D compositing, fluid dynamics, and so on.
Need to Study Visual Effects
Any video with visual effects have an inherent appeal to audiences. Creating such visual effects involves a deep thought process on the sequence of actions that need to happen and requires a higher level of visualization skills to perfectly portray the imaginary activities. To procure these skills, a Visual Effects Artist needs to undergo a professional training and practice the learning in a highly-equipped environment.
The PG Diploma in Visual Effects at ICAT is a program that offers all these. It imparts the learning from professional hands in a highly-equipped environment to assist students in becoming a skilled Visual Effects Artist, who can serve any related industry.
What will You Learn?
The course will help you to:
- Learn ideation and concept generation through Mind map, Mood board, Semiotics, Metaphor, Themes and Styles.
- Research, reference and apply the history and theory of design to create and enhance scenes.
- Understand Principle Photography and Post Processing techniques.
- Understand Digital Manipulation techniques, such as Enlargement, Reduction, Transformation and Reshaping.
- Understand colours and colour correction.
- Create Digital Painting and environment Matte painting.
- Understand VFX Pipeline.
- Develop Story, Script, Screenplay, Storyboard and Animatics.
- Understand Film Theory, Cinematography and Video Editing techniques.
- Understand the history of VFX Compositing and various 2D Compositing techniques like Rotoscopy, Colour Correction, Tracking Stabilization, Keying, BG Prep and Wire removals, and Chroma keying Studio techniques.
- Practice CGI techniques including Modelling for props and inorganic objects, Texturing\Surfacing, Lighting for live action footages, Rigging, Animation principles and Key framing techniques.
- Practice 3D Compositing Techniques including Match moving, Object tracking, CGI Compositing and Rendering.
- Create effects by understanding Physical phenomenon, Basic Programming - variables and data types, Dynamic effects, and Particle systems and textures.
- Understand Rigid bodies\Soft bodies, Principles of n-cloth, Particle simulation and Paint FX.
- Understand Fluid Dynamics.
- Develop collaborative projects, team skills, and multi-disciplinary communication skills, which establish common empathy amongst peers.
The course includes 6 distinctive modules that are designed to prepare the students for latest industry demands.
|SPP401||Idea Generation and Development - Media Studies|
|SPP402||Specialist Practice I – Compositing for VFX|
|SPP403||Specialist Practice II – CGI foundation for VFX|
|SPP404||Specialist Practice III – Effects Animation for VFX|
The learning outcome of each module is assessed through periodical Formative Assessments (min. of 3), Assignments, Research Works, and through the originality, innovation, and product of the final Project. Also, continuous monitoring of each student is done throughout the year through peer assessments and internal/external reviews.
During the course, you will be exposed to latest industry trends through Workshops, Seminars, and Guest Lectures from professionals in the field; Industrial Visits to Vfx related industries; Real-time and Professional Practices at leading organizations; and live streaming of global Seminars.
ICAT offers its students with Chroma studio with Cyclorama Green/Blue screen, fully-equipped lights, DSLR, HDV and SD video cameras with range of lenses, Grip (tripods, monopod) and other gears; Photography studio (20-ft long x 25-ft wide) with lighting gantry; Tactile space for creating miniature and set models; and Digital space to work with industry-standard software.
Preparation for Employment
The course prepares you for a perfect employment through real-time, industry-standard project works and through the motivation to work with external clients. Above all, your portfolio will be sent to production houses for review and for enhancing the chances of winning a job.
The PG Diploma in Visual Effects at ICAT prepares you for exciting careers in movies, television, advertisements, gaming and other industries that require Vfx footage. Whatever industry you are passionate about, ICAT’s long-term relationships with top companies in field will help you start a successful career. Our placement services will help you grow in your career, even after you become our alumni.
What can You be?
On completing this course, you can be:
- Digital Artists
- Digital Effects Animator
- Digital Effects Painter
- Pre-Visualization Artist
- Technical Director
- Visual Effects Supervisor
Where can You be?
On completing this course, you can work for:
- Movies and televisions
- Advertisements and product demos
- Computer / Mobile game development
- Medical simulations
- VFX Mentors
- Computer-based trainings and Web-based trainings
Through 100% placement, we introduce all our students to the industry of their passion. With the knowledge they have gained at ICAT, the students reach more heights in their field of work. Just to mention, many of our students are now a part of Hollywood, Bollywood and Kollywood movies, and have worked in many famous android and other OS games.
Why Choose ICAT to Study the PG VFX Course?
Being the first Design Media College in India to obtain the ISO 9001:2000 Certification, ICAT has been offering its courses with high standards. The best example to prove the standard of ICAT courses is the roles in which its students have been placed in the industry.
Also, with its 100% placement record, ICAT is one of the best destinations for any student passionate about the Digital Media and Design field.
Pursue at ICAT
Here are few highlighting points that insist why you should pursue the course at ICAT.
- Job-oriented curriculum
- 100% Placement
- Labs with all necessary equipments and software
- Constructive teaching methodologies
- Passionate faculties
- Industry professionals as Guest lecturers to acquaint students with industry requirements
- Well supported and guided Project work
- Portfolios highlighting individual strength of each student is sent to production houses for review
- Students of a batch are allocated a Personal Mentor, who will guide a student through the Personal Development Planning process.
- Each student will be allocated a supervisor for their studies to provide support for their project and dissertation.
- A separate Students Service Desk is managed at each location with a Student Advisor as part of the desk. The Student Advisor provides guidance and advice about finance, study skills, personal problems and many other matters.
- The Student Service Desk organizes club activities and other get together.
- The Student Service Desk acts as a contact point for parents/Guardians and also they organize for liaison meeting between staff and students.
- Dedicated, Spacious classrooms for each department
- Membership with British Council Library, American Library
- Library with essential readings, reference books, latest journals and magazines
- Air-conditioned hall for seminars and workshops
- Locker facilities for students to store their study material safe
- Personal tutoring space, where students can interact with the dedicated personal tutor to discuss their projects and ideas
- Exclusively designed space for students to work in groups and also as individuals, based on project types
- Common working zone, where students can work along with other department students
- Students lounge, for students to relax and recreate
Having offered around 60,000 skilled professionals to the Design and Media field, ICAT is one of the first places for any organization to look out for potential employees. The placement cell at ICAT works closely with all the students until they get placed in the field of their passion.
So far, the Placement Cell is proud to maintain a record of 100% placement and in Top Companies in India.
During the tenure at the college, each student is motivated to participate in National Level and International competitions, where they can showcase their talents and personally understand where they stand among the students of rest of the world. In this regard, our students have so far won numerous awards in both National and International Competitions.
With ICAT, you have the opportunity to study at any of our 3 state-of-the-art campuses located at the Shores of Bay of Bengal (Chennai), Silicon Valley of India (Bangalore), and the City of Pearls (Hyderabad).
The ICAT campuses are located at the heart of the Capital cities of three important states in South India. The strategically located campuses expose the students to eminent landmarks/events of the metropolitan cities, which is very important for the Creators of Tomorrow to understand the trending world.
The campuses of ICAT College are loaded with spacious classrooms, library with essential readings, locker facilities for students, air-conditioned halls, personal tutoring space, common working zone, students’ lounge and so on.
ICAT Design & Media College
153, Santhome High Road,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004.
044 - 4293 4293,
+91 - 95001 28555
ICAT Design & Media College
424, Bommanahalli, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore - 560 068.
080 - 4110 7755,
+91 - 96111 73607
Need BETTER CLARITY on:
- The course structure
- Benefits of studying the course
- Placement opportunities
- Admission and fee structure
* Required Fields