The B.A. (Hons) Communication Design (Advertising) at ICAT is a 3 years, full-time program. It equips you with the skills to conceptualize, design and direct advertisements for different media that helps you kick start a career in print media, digital advertising, television and film making.
This course is a perfect practice-oriented course that educates students on all the important faces of Advertising, like Consumerism, Brand Positioning, Corporate Identity, Print Ad/TV Commercial Production, Public Relations, Product Photography and Web Advertising.
Need to Study Advertising
With the far-reaching growth in consumerism, the need for each brand to find its niche is very important. Advertisements and their designs play a major role in brand positioning. With this in place, Advertising Designers need to be trained professionally to handle brand positioning, secure corporate identity and promote products/services.
The B.A. (Hons) in Communication Design (Advertising) program at ICAT tutors students to bring out the creative skills inside each individual and trains them to implement creative ideas in attracting consumers towards a product.
What will You Learn?
The course will help you to:
- Generate ideas for advertisements through mind mapping and various other ideation techniques.
- Design layouts to communicate an idea or a message, by using the right blend of text and images based on design principles.
- Learn the history of art, design and advertising, and understand its impact on the current advertising scenario.
- Practice photography with respect to advertising.
- Create digital illustrations and manipulate images.
- Acquire basic copywriting skills for various advertising media.
- Prepare and Interpret creative briefs.
- Select appropriate media to communicate the message effectively to the target audience.
- Understand brand management and advertising campaigns.
- Understand the design techniques for Print Media, Point of Purchase, Outdoor Media, and Ambient/Guerilla Advertising.
- Design advertisements for Web and Social Media.
- Understand Brand Building, Corporate Identity, PR & Media Relations, and Product Activation.
- Conceptualize a TV commercial from brief to storyboarding.
The course includes various modules that are coined to prepare the students for latest industry demands.
|COM101||Visual Communication Methods & Ethical Practice|
|COM102||Evolution of Art, Design & Culture|
|DMT101||Digital Illustration and Image Processing for Specialist Practice|
|COM103||Ideas Generation Development|
|COM201||Design & Communication for specialist practice|
|COM202||Communication & Media Production|
|COM203||Specialist Practice I: Corporate Identity & Print Ads|
|COM204||Specialist Practice II: Brand Management & Advertising Campaign|
|AND202||Pre-Production for Project & Dissertation|
|COM304||Visualisation for Project|
The learning outcome of each module is assessed through periodical Formative Assessments (min. of 3), Assignments, Research Works, and through the originality, innovation, and product of the final Project. Also, continuous monitoring of each student is done throughout the year through peer assessments and internal/external reviews.
During the course, you will be exposed to latest industry trends through Workshops, Seminars, and Guest Lectures from professionals in the field; Industrial Visits to advertising related industries; Real-time and Professional Practices at leading organizations; and live streaming of global Seminars.
ICAT offers its students with a perfectly-equipped digital space to work with industry-standard software; and a well-equipped Photography studio with industry-standard cameras, full frame and cropped sensor with lenses required for basic understanding of photography for Advertising, and light strobes along with light modifiers that are useful in Product/Food photography.
Preparation for Employment
The course prepares you for a perfect employment through real-time, industry-standard project works and through the motivation to work with external clients. Above all, your portfolio will be sent to production houses for review and for enhancing the chances of winning a job.
The B.A. Advertising course at ICAT is a comprehensive course that positions you in a successful career in advertising, media and film industries. ICAT’s long-term relationships with top companies in field aid in placing you at the best job. Our corporate employer network will help you grow in your career, even after you become our alumni.
What can You be?
On completing this course, you can be:
- Creative Director
- Art Director
- Graphic Designer
- Design Consultant
- Web Designer
- Design Educator
- Creative Consultant
Where can You be?
On completing this course, you can work for:
- Advertising Agencies
- Publication Houses
- Event Management Firms
- Animation Studios
- Digital Marketing & Social Media platforms
- MNC's for their in-house design and communication departments
- Design colleges and institutes
- Film Production Houses
- Hospitality Industry
- Retail Industry
Through 100% placement, we introduce all our students to the industry of their passion. With the knowledge they have gained at ICAT, the students reach greater heights in their field of work. Just to mention, many of our students are now a part of Hollywood, Bollywood and Kollywood movies, have worked in many famous android and other OS games, and have worked in many leading TV commercials and Print Ads.
Why Choose ICAT to Study the Advertising Course?
Having been in the field of Media Education for around two decades now, ICAT offers the B.A. (Hons) Communication Design - Advertising program from experienced professionals in the field.
Pursue at ICAT
Here are few highlighting points that insist why you should pursue the course at ICAT.
- The program is a 100% placement-oriented program
- It is an International degree from BIAD, UK
- The program curriculum is designed by the advisory board members from around the globe
- Fully-equipped lab facilities are available to practice the learning
- The program is led by highly experienced faculties
- The project work prepares the students for a real-time work environment
- The students are insisted to create Dissertations
- The students are provided with direct industry experience through professional practice
- The design portfolios prepared by the students are sent to production houses to extend the chance of winning a prominent career
- Students of a batch are allocated a Personal Mentor, who will guide a student through the Personal Development Planning process.
- Each student will be allocated a supervisor for their studies to provide support for their project and dissertation.
- A separate Students Service Desk is managed at each location with a Student Advisor as part of the desk. The Student Advisor provides guidance and advice about finance, study skills, personal problems and many other matters.
- The Student Service Desk organizes club activities and other get together.
- The Student Service Desk acts as a contact point for parents/Guardians and also they organize for liaison meeting between staff and students.
- Dedicated, Spacious classrooms for each department
- Membership with British Council Library, American Library
- Library with essential readings, reference books, latest journals and magazines
- Air-conditioned hall for seminars and workshops
- Locker facilities for students to store their study material safe
- Personal tutoring space, where students can interact with the dedicated personal tutor to discuss their projects and ideas
- Exclusively designed space for students to work in groups and also as individuals, based on project types
- Common working zone, where students can work along with other department students
- Students lounge, for students to relax and recreate
Having offering eminent professionals to the Digital Media field right from early 1990s, ICAT has an enormous list of contacts in the current industry. Such contacts are well maintained and utilized by our Placement cell to maintain the record of 100% placement, till date. Working closely with various leading companies, the Placement Cell has placed almost all the students in Top Companies in India.
During the tenure at the college, each student is motivated to participate in National Level and International competitions, where they can showcase their talents and personally understand where they stand among the students of rest of the world. In this regard, our students have so far won numerous awards in both National and International Competitions.
With ICAT, you have the opportunity to study at any of our 3 state-of-the-art campuses located at the Shores of Bay of Bengal (Chennai), Silicon Valley of India (Bangalore), and the City of Pearls (Hyderabad).
The ICAT campuses are located at the heart of the Capital cities of three important states in South India. The strategically located campuses expose the students to eminent landmarks/events of the metropolitan cities, which is very important for the Creators of Tomorrow to understand the trending world.
The campuses of ICAT College are loaded with spacious classrooms, library with essential readings, locker facilities for students, air-conditioned halls, personal tutoring space, common working zone, students’ lounge and so on.
ICAT Design & Media College
153, Santhome High Road,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004.
044 - 4293 4293,
+91 - 95001 28555
ICAT Design & Media College
424, Bommanahalli, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore - 560 068.
080 - 4110 7755,
+91 - 96111 73607
Get Admission/Fees Details
* Required Fields