The B.A. (Hons) Communication Design (Animation) at ICAT is a 3 years, full-time program that teaches you to tame your imagination, visualization and bring your mind’s eye on screen. These qualities prepare you for a vast career in movies, televisions, interior designing, education etc.
This is an ideal hands-on course that instils all the necessary skills for Animators, right from script writing, storyboarding, direction and cinematography to advanced digital 3D production and psychology of character animation.
Need to Study Animation
Animation is one best medium that is used to attract people of all age, communicate ideas, share knowledge and convey information in today’s multi-lingual and multi-cultural world. It plays a major role in most industries, including entertainment, advertisement, education, manufacturing, medical, science and technology, and many more. As the role of animation becomes inevitable in every important sector or industry, the need for professionally-trained animators increases many folds.
The B.A. (Hons) Animation program at ICAT is a program to groom such professionals in the field of Animations.
What will You Learn?
The course will help you to:
- Critically understand the use of Art and Design in communication medium.
- Understand design briefs, disintegrate standard practices and provide innovative solutions through various mediums of communication design.
- Create and edit digital illustrations.
- Visualize and develop models and miniatures with an understanding of perspective and scaling.
- Explore and experiment various mediums of communication used in the industry.
- Apply standard techniques of idea generation and create high quality designs.
- Learn direction, script writing and cinematography, and incorporate the knowledge in production of animation design.
- Design and develop characters, environments and props in response to a brief.
- Design storyboards in response to design brief.
- Study various primary and secondary movements, and apply psychology for animating characters and objects.
- Perform advanced modeling, texturing, skin creation, exterior and interior lighting, and rendering.
- Rig organic and Inorganic models.
- Learn the theory of animation, through practical and live exercises.
- Work on collaborative projects and produce real time projects for competitions and awards.
- Work in real-time production studios as a part of module and gain production experience while pursuing the course.
- Prepare professional portfolio in international standards, which will act as a platform for higher education and job prospects.
The course includes various modules that are coined to prepare the students for latest industry demands.
|COM101||Vis. Com. Methods & Ethical Practice|
|COM102||Evolution of Art, Design & Culture|
|DMT101||Digital Illustration and Image Processing for Specialist Practice|
|COM103||Ideas Generation Development|
|COM201||Design & Communication for specialist practice|
|COM202||Communication & Media Production|
|COM203||Specialist Practice I: Character Creation|
|COM204||Specialist Practice II: Rigging & Animation|
|AND202||Pre-Production for Project & Dissertation|
|COM304||Visualisation for Project|
The learning outcome of each module is assessed through periodical Formative Assessments (min. of 3), Assignments, Research Works, and through the originality, innovation, and product of the final Project. Also, continuous monitoring of each student is done throughout the year through peer assessments and internal/external reviews.
During the course, you will be exposed to latest industry trends through Workshops, Seminars, and Guest Lectures from professionals in the field; Industrial Visits to animation related industries; Real-time and Professional Practices at leading organizations; and live streaming of global Seminars.
ICAT offers its students with fully-equipped labs, Experimental Animation Studio, Rostrum and light boxes, Photography studio, Exclusive Art studio to practice clay sculpting and character designing, Live Sketching rooms, and Videography and Editing Suites to video capture live action and edit it for referencing.
Preparation for Employment
The course prepares you for a perfect employment through real-time, industry-standard project works and through the motivation to work with external clients. Above all, your portfolio will be sent to production houses for review and for enhancing the chances of winning a job.
The B.A. Animation course at ICAT prepares you for a successful career in Hollywood, Bollywood or any film industry, Production Studios, Television channels, Advertising, Design firms, Architectural firms, Crime Labs, Gaming companies, Manufacturing firms, Software companies, Educational institutions etc that wants to attract audience and show something that is not easy to produce in real-time. ICAT’s long-term relationships with top companies in field aid in placing you at a best job. Our corporate employer network will help you grow in your career, even after you become our alumni.
What can You be?
On completing this course, you can be:
- Storyboard and Concept Artist
- Character Designer
- Layout and Background Artist
- Character / Set Modeler
- Texturing and Lighting Artist
- Production Co-ordinator
- Art Director
- Technical Director
- Script Writer
- Setup Artist
- Graphic Designer
- Creative Director
Where can You be?
On completing this course, you can work for:
- Movies and televisions
- Advertisements and product demos
- Interior designing firms
- Computer-based trainings and Web-based trainings
- Computer / Mobile game development
- Laboratories (both science and medical)
- Product Design firms
- Retail firms
- Crime Labs (Forensics)
- Game Design companies
- College and Universities
- Manufacturing firms
- Automotive companies
- Government agencies
- Architectural firms
- Medical simulations
Through 100% placement, we introduce all our students to the industry of their passion. With the knowledge they have gained at ICAT, the students reach more heights in their field of work. Just to mention, many of our students are now a part of Hollywood, Bollywood and Kollywood movies, and have worked in many famous android and other OS games. Many students have also turned to be successful entrepreneurs.
Why Choose ICAT to Study the Animation Course?
Having established collaboration with leading universities in the National and International level, ICAT courses have obtained more recognition in the industry.
The students of ICAT are respected and are acknowledged as well-trained and equipped professionals. This makes it easy for our students to get the job of their passion.
Pursue at ICAT
Here are few highlighting points that insist why you should pursue the course at ICAT.
- Provides best-in-class curriculum that meets the global industry standards
- Offers an International degree from UK
- Is a 100% placement-Oriented course
- Incorporates well-rendered labs
- Aims at developing high standards of in-depth technical Knowledge, Cognitive skills, and Transferrable and Professional skills
- Helps to ideate and innovate original design solutions
- Follows constructive teaching methodologies to enhance the learning experience
- Incorporates guest lecturers, who are skilled professionals in the industry
- Arranges professional practice with external clients
- Insists on creation of Dissertations
- Incorporates well supported and guided Project work
- Design portfolios highlighting individual strength of each student is sent to production houses for review
- Students of a batch are allocated a Personal Mentor, who will guide a student through the Personal Development Planning process.
- Each student will be allocated a supervisor for their studies to provide support for their project and dissertation.
- A separate Students Service Desk is managed at each location with a Student Advisor as part of the desk. The Student Advisor provides guidance and advice about finance, study skills, personal problems and many other matters.
- The Student Service Desk organizes club activities and other get together.
- The Student Service Desk acts as a contact point for parents/Guardians and also they organize for liaison meeting between staff and students.
- Dedicated, Spacious classrooms for each department
- Membership with British Council Library, American Library
- Library with essential readings, reference books, latest journals and magazines
- Locker facilities for students to store their study material safe
- Air-conditioned hall for seminars and workshops
- Personal tutoring space, where students can interact with the dedicated personal tutor to discuss their projects and ideas
- Exclusively designed space for students to work in groups and also as individuals, based on project types
- Common working zone, where students can work along with other department students
- Students lounge, for students to relax and recreate
The placement cell at ICAT works closely with all the students until they get placed in the field of their passion. The cell maintains contacts with various leading companies. Also, with around 50,000 alumni, the number of contacts in the industry is numerous. So far, the Placement Cell is proud to maintain a record of 100% placement and in Top Companies in India.
During the tenure at the college, each student is motivated to participate in National Level and International competitions, where they can showcase their talents and personally understand where they stand among the students of rest of the world. In this regard, our students have so far won numerous awards in both National and International Competitions.
With ICAT, you have the opportunity to study at any of our 3 state-of-the-art campuses located at the Shores of Bay of Bengal (Chennai), Silicon Valley of India (Bangalore), and the City of Pearls (Hyderabad).
The ICAT campuses are located at the heart of the Capital cities of three important states in South India. The strategically located campuses expose the students to eminent landmarks/events of the metropolitan cities, which is very important for the Creators of Tomorrow to understand the trending world.
The campuses of ICAT College are loaded with spacious classrooms, library with essential readings, locker facilities for students, air-conditioned halls, personal tutoring space, common working zone, students’ lounge and so on.
ICAT Design & Media College
153, Santhome High Road,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004.
044 - 4293 4293,
+91 - 95001 28555
ICAT Design & Media College
424, Bommanahalli, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore - 560 068.
080 - 4110 7755,
+91 - 96111 73607
Get Admission/Fees Details
* Required Fields