The B.A. (Hons) Fashion Design at ICAT is a 3 years, full-time program with extensive exposure to real-time fashion works. The skills that you gain through this course would groom you as a Fashion/Costume Designer, Stylist, Fashion Journalist, Consultant, Entrepreneur and much more.
This is a highly constructive course that covers every aspect of fashion designing, like accessory designing, textile designing, costume designing, fabric selection, manufacturing techniques and marketing techniques.
Need to Study Fashion Designing
With the trend of modern society looking out for ‘something different’ in everything around them, the field of Fashion Designing has become multidimensional to keep up with the changes in the contemporary world. Hence the need for professionally trained people has increased manifold in this rapidly growing industry.
The B.A. (Hons) Fashion Design program at ICAT grooms such professionals to take on the challenges of this dynamic industry.
What will You Learn?
This course will help you to:
- Create your own style of Fashion Illustration.
- Create a range of ensembles in various categories.
- Select appropriate fabrics for your designs.
- Select aesthetic color choices.
- Use and develop a trend, and forecast for the upcoming seasons.
- Utilize latest software required to be a Fashion Designer.
- Demonstrate apt pattern making and sewing techniques for various garments.
- Design new silhouettes.
- Drape the latest styles.
- Design graphics for print and printing technology.
- Design and collaborate other surface ornamentation techniques.
- Understand the nuances of Fashion Marketing.
- Understand the nuances of Fashion Merchandising.
- Exhibit confident presentations.
- Write an academic research paper.
- Develop your own portfolio (physical and e-portfolio).
The course includes various modules that are coined to prepare the students for latest industry demands.
|FAS101||Fashion Illustration I|
|DMT102||Fashion Illustration & Image Processing|
|FAS102||Impact of Art, Design & Culture on Fashion|
|FAS103||Fashion Design Methods & Ethical Practice|
|FAS104||Fashion Collection Realisation I|
|FAS201||Clothing & Accessories Manufacturing Process|
|FAS202||Specialist Textiles, Tech. & Processes|
|FAS203||Fashion Illustration II|
|FAS205||Fashion Promotion & Marketing|
|AND202||Prep for Project & Dissertation|
|FAS303||Dissertation & Negotiated Project|
The learning outcome of each module is assessed through periodical Formative Assessments (min. of 3), Assignments, Research Works, and through the originality, innovation, and product of the final Project. Also, continuous monitoring of each student is done throughout the year through peer assessments and internal/external reviews.
During the course, you will be exposed to latest industry trends through Workshops, Seminars, and Guest Lectures from professionals in the field; Industrial Visits to fashion related industries; Real-time and Professional Practices at leading organizations; and live streaming of global Seminars.
ICAT offers its students with a perfectly-equipped Pattern Making lab, Sewing lab, Wet lab for dying and washing, and Weaving, Embroidery and Printing equipments.
Preparation for Employment
The course prepares you for a perfect employment through real-time, industry-standard project works and through the motivation to work with external clients. Above all, your portfolio will be sent to production houses for review and for enhancing the chances of winning a job.
The B.A. Fashion Design course at ICAT prepares you to produce fashion clothing and accessories for the different genres of the industry, including Export houses, Designer labels, Medium-scale Boutiques, Film industry, Fashion retail and luxury brands. Any stream of passion you select, our placement services along with the department helps you to develop specific skills and to develop a suitable portfolio. The Placement department also ensures to place you in the best job of your interest. Our placement services will help you grow in your career, even after you become our alumni.
What can You be?
On completing this course, you can be:
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion Stylist
- Costume Designer
- Fashion Merchandiser
- Fashion Buyer
- Fashion Illustrator
- Textile & Graphic Designer
- Visual Merchandiser
- Product Developer
- Print and Embroidery Specialist
- Fashion Consultant
- Retail Manager
- Fashion Design Instructor
Where can You be?
On completing this course, you can place yourself in:
- Export Houses
- Luxury Designer Brands
- Fashion Agency
- Film Industry
- Textile Mills
- Media Houses
- Fashion Retail
- Luxury Retail
- Fashion Design Education Institutions
Through 100% placement, we introduce all our students to the industry of their passion. With the knowledge they have gained at ICAT, the students reach more heights in their field of work. Just to mention, many of our students are now a part of Hollywood, Bollywood and Kollywood movies, and have worked in many famous android and other OS games.
Why Choose ICAT to Study the Fashion Design Course?
Being the India’s largest media college with State-of-art campuses in Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore, ICAT has been offering various UG courses for around a decade now.
The B.A. (Hons) in Fashion Design program is a one of its kind program offered from professionals in the industry.
Pursue at ICAT
Here are few highlighting points that insist why you should pursue the course at ICAT.
- Offers International degree at Indian cost
- Is a 100% placement-oriented course
- Provides a world-class curriculum formulated by the advisory crew members around the world
- Provides fully-equipped labs to practice the learning
- Includes Design faculties from reputed universities around the world
- Includes Guest lecturers from reputed Fashion Design companies and individual fashion designers
- Helps students create Dissertations to explore the latest industry trends
- Follows constructive teaching methodologies
- Professional practice with external clients provide direct industry experience
- Guides the students to develop design portfolios highlighting their individual strength in desired categories
- Design portfolios is sent to production houses to extend the chance of winning a prominent career
- Students of a batch are allocated a Personal Mentor, who will guide a student through the Personal Development Planning process.
- Each student will be allocated a supervisor for their studies to provide support for their project and dissertation.
- A separate Students Service Desk is managed at each location with a Student Advisor as part of the desk. The Student Advisor provides guidance and advice about finance, study skills, personal problems and many other matters.
- The Student Service Desk organizes club activities and other get together.
- The Student Service Desk acts as a contact point for parents/Guardians and also they organize for liaison meeting between staff and students.
- Dedicated, Spacious classrooms for each department
- Membership with British Council Library, American Library
- Library with essential readings, reference books, latest journals and magazines
- Air-conditioned hall for seminars and workshops
- Locker facilities for students to store their study material safe
- Personal tutoring space, where students can interact with the dedicated personal tutor to discuss their projects and ideas
- Exclusively designed space for students to work in groups and also as individuals, based on project types
- Common working zone, where students can work along with other department students
- Students lounge, for students to relax and recreate
ICAT has a separate placement cell that works closely with the various leading companies. Also, with around 50,000 alumni, the number of contacts in the industry is numerous. The placement cell works continuously with the students in finding them the best suitable position. So far, the Placement Cell is proud to maintain a record of 100% placement and in Top Companies in India.
During the tenure at the college, each student is motivated to participate in National Level and International competitions, where they can showcase their talents and personally understand where they stand among the students of rest of the world. In this regard, our students have so far won numerous awards in both National and International Competitions.
With ICAT, you have the opportunity to study at any of our 3 state-of-the-art campuses located at the Shores of Bay of Bengal (Chennai), Silicon Valley of India (Bangalore), and the City of Pearls (Hyderabad).
The ICAT campuses are located at the heart of the Capital cities of three important states in South India. The strategically located campuses expose the students to eminent landmarks/events of the metropolitan cities, which is very important for the Creators of Tomorrow to understand the trending world.
The campuses of ICAT College are loaded with spacious classrooms, library with essential readings, locker facilities for students, air-conditioned halls, personal tutoring space, common working zone, students’ lounge and so on.
ICAT Design & Media College
153, Santhome High Road,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004.
044 - 4293 4293,
+91 - 95001 28555
ICAT Design & Media College
424, Bommanahalli, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore - 560 068.
080 - 4110 7755,
+91 - 96111 73607
Need BETTER CLARITY on:
- The course structure
- Benefits of studying the course
- Placement opportunities
- Admission and fee structure
* Required Fields