The B.A. (Hons) Communication Design (Game Art and Design) at ICAT is a 3 years, full-time program. It offers intense practice in the art of crafting game aesthetics and skill of developing operational game designs that helps you become a 3D Modeler, 3D Game Artist or even Animator.
This is a comprehensive course that trains to conceptualize and design every aspect of a game, as appropriate to the target audience and goal of the game. It prepares you to be the brain behind your games through the rules, challenges, environments, characters and different levels that you set for your games.
Need to Study Game Art and Design
The passion for games is within every individual, right from childhood. It is a daring step to move forward from just gamers to Game Designers. It is necessary to learn gaming in a perfect environment to become a successful Game designer. It is a real challenge to become a Game Designer and this challenge becomes easy when you are in the right hands.
The B.A. (Hons) Game Art and Design program at ICAT incorporates such right hands to groom designers out of just gamers.
What will You Learn?
The course will help you to:
- Identify appropriate design elements in response to a brief.
- Understand the evolution of art and design.
- Create model drawings with right texture.
- Understand the ethical values behind visual representation.
- Create and edit digital illustrations.
- Represent concepts and ideas through sequential drawings and photographs.
- Plan and create visuals in response to a brief.
- Create 2D and 3D level designs.
- Perform storyboarding with respect to design briefs.
- Perform 3D modeling, texturing, lighting, rigging, and rendering with respect to Game Art.
The course includes various modules that are coined to prepare the students for latest industry demands.
|COM101||Visual Communication Methods & Ethical Practice|
|COM102||Evolution of Art, Design & Culture|
|DMT101||Digital Illustration and Image Processing for Specialist Practice|
|COM103||Ideas Generation Development|
|COM201||Design & Communication for specialist practice|
|COM202||Communication & Media Production|
|COM203||Specialist Practice I: Level Design|
|COM204||Specialist Practice II: Game Art|
|AND202||Pre-Production for Project & Dissertation|
|COM304||Visualisation for Project|
The learning outcome of each module is assessed through periodical Formative Assessments (min. of 3), Assignments, Research Works, and through the originality, innovation, and product of the final Project. Also, continuous monitoring of each student is done throughout the year through peer assessments and internal/external reviews.
During the course, you will be exposed to latest industry trends through Workshops, Seminars, and Guest Lectures from professionals in the field; Industrial Visits to game related industries; Real-time and Professional Practices at leading organizations; and live streaming of global Seminars.
ICAT offers its students with fully-equipped labs with all the necessary industry-standard software, Gaming Lounge for recreation and study, Gaming Consoles to play and explore games, Game Library to dwell into the technology, and access to Art and Design Studios for first-hand experience on design.
Preparation for Employment
The course prepares you for a perfect employment through real-time, industry-standard project works and through the motivation to work with external clients. Above all, your portfolio will be sent to production houses for review and for enhancing the chances of winning a job.
The B.A. Game Art and Design course at ICAT loads you with all necessary artistic and design skills that would be appreciated in any related top company. Our vast industry exposure and long-term relationship with top companies in field will help you start the career you wish. Our placement services will help you grow in your career, even after you become our alumni.
For prospective students, this is all I have to say: trust in yourself and take the leap.”
What can You be?
On completing this course, you can be:
- 3D Low Polygon Modeler
- Texture Artist
- 3D Game Artist
- 3D Environment Artist
- Character Animator
- Effects Animator
Where can You be?
On completing this course, you can place yourself in:
- Computer / Mobile game development companies
- Corporate companies
- Indie game development companies
Through 100% placement, we introduce all our students to the industry of their passion. With the knowledge they have gained at ICAT, the students reach more heights in their field of work. Just to mention, many of our students are now a part of Hollywood, Bollywood and Kollywood movies, and have worked in many famous android and other OS games.
Why Choose ICAT to Study the Game Art and Design Course?
Being the first Design College in India to obtain ISO 9001:2008 certification, ICAT backs up a great responsibility of maintaining its standards in each and every course it offers.
The B.A. (Hons) Communication Design - Game Art and Design program is one such program with high standards and that meets the industry needs.
Pursue at ICAT
Here are few highlighting points that insist why you should pursue the course at ICAT.
- Best-in-class curriculum
- International degree from UK at Indian cost
- 100% placement-Oriented course
- Well-rendered labs
- Constructive teaching methodologies
- Well-trained faculties from recognized universities
- Guest lecturers from industries
- Professional practice with external clients is arranged
- Dissertations are to be created
- Project work is supported and guided to create unique products/concepts
- Design portfolios highlighting individual strength of each student is sent to production houses for review
- Students of a batch are allocated a Personal Mentor, who will guide a student through the Personal Development Planning process.
- Each student will be allocated a supervisor for their studies to provide support for their project and dissertation.
- A separate Students Service Desk is managed at each location with a Student Advisor as part of the desk. The Student Advisor provides guidance and advice about finance, study skills, personal problems and many other matters.
- The Student Service Desk organizes club activities and other get together.
- The Student Service Desk acts as a contact point for parents/Guardians and also they organize for liaison meeting between staff and students.
- Dedicated, Spacious classrooms for each department
- Membership with British Council Library, American Library
- Library with essential readings, reference books, latest journals and magazines
- Locker facilities for students to store their study material safe
- Air-conditioned hall for seminars and workshops
- Personal tutoring space, where students can interact with the dedicated personal tutor to discuss their projects and ideas
- Exclusively designed space for students to work in groups and also as individuals, based on project types
- Common working zone, where students can work along with other department students
- Students’ lounge, for students to relax and recreate
ICAT contains a dedicated placement cell that works closely with all the students to get placed in the field of their passion. The cell maintains contacts with various leading companies. Also, with around 50,000 alumni, the number of contacts in the industry is numerous. So far, the Placement Cell is proud to maintain a record of 100% placement and in Top Companies in India.
During the tenure at the college, each student is motivated to participate in National Level and International competitions, where they can showcase their talents and personally understand where they stand among the students of rest of the world. In this regard, our students have so far won numerous awards in both National and International Competitions.
With ICAT, you have the opportunity to study at any of our 3 state-of-the-art campuses located at the Shores of Bay of Bengal (Chennai), Silicon Valley of India (Bangalore), and the City of Pearls (Hyderabad).
The ICAT campuses are located at the heart of the Capital cities of three important states in South India. The strategically located campuses expose the students to eminent landmarks/events of the metropolitan cities, which is very important for the Creators of Tomorrow to understand the trending world.
The campuses of ICAT College are loaded with spacious classrooms, library with essential readings, locker facilities for students, air-conditioned halls, personal tutoring space, common working zone, students’ lounge and so on.
ICAT Design & Media College
153, Santhome High Road,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004.
044 - 4293 4293,
+91 - 95001 28555
ICAT Design & Media College
424, Bommanahalli, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore - 560 068.
080 - 4110 7755,
+91 - 96111 73607
Need BETTER CLARITY on:
- The course structure
- Benefits of studying the course
- Placement opportunities
- Admission and fee structure
* Required Fields