The B.Sc. (Hons) Game Design and Development at ICAT is a 3 years, full-time program. Its perfectly balanced curriculum of Game Art, Design and Development helps students in seeking a vast career, be it 3D Game Artist, Level Designer or Plugin/Tool Developer.
This is a comprehensive course that trains to conceptualize, design, and develop fully-operable games of different types like Board games and Digital games for different mediums like Mobile, Console, Computer, and Online games.
Need to Study Game Design and Development
Though we see various challenging games in mobiles and internet, it is not easy to develop a game just like playing them. Developing games is a serious business. Developing a game involves heavy thought process and skilled handling of appropriate software. These attributes is not easy to develop overnight. It is necessary to nurture these skills in each developer. At ICAT, this nurturing happens with every student.
What will You Learn?
The course will help you to:
- Identify the right design elements to address a brief.
- Understand the theory behind human and computer interaction.
- Design data with analytical and technical considerations, and manage a database.
- Understand software development cycle and data analysis techniques.
- Use OOPS concepts in programming.
- Understand the computer architecture, OS, Digital Logic and networking systems.
- Develop interactive Web pages through action scripts.
- Develop applications with high media content for smart phones.
- Use emulators and real phones to test mobile applications.
- Perform 2D game level designing.
- Perform 3D modeling, texturing, lighting, rigging and rendering, with respect to games.
- Understand the network of computers and mobile systems.
- Use game engines in developing games.
- Design and develop social applications.
- Use Artificial Intelligence in developing games.
The course includes various modules that are coined to prepare the students for latest industry demands.
|AND110||Art & Design for Interactive Media|
|INT101||Professional Context, Technology & Communication Methods|
|INT102||Data Design & Analysis|
|INT103||Introduction to Programming|
|INT104||Computer Systems Technology|
|INT105||Specialist Practice I: Introduction to Game Development|
|INT202||Specialist Practice II: 2D Game Development|
|INT203||Specialist Practice III: 3D Game World Design|
|INT204||Web Technology I|
|INT205||Computer Communication Networks|
|INT301||Web Technology II|
|INT302||Specialist Practice IV: Game Development using Engine|
The learning outcome of each module is assessed through periodical Formative Assessments (min. of 3), Assignments, Research Works, and through the originality, innovation, and product of the final Project. Also, continuous monitoring of each student is done throughout the year through peer assessments and internal/external reviews.
During the course, you will be exposed to latest industry trends through Workshops, Seminars, and Guest Lectures from professionals in the field; Industrial Visits to game related industries; Real-time and Professional Practices at leading organizations; and live streaming of global Seminars.
ICAT offers its students with fully-equipped labs with all the necessary industry-standard software, Gaming Lounge for recreation and study, Gaming Consoles to play and explore games and access to Art and Design Studios for first-hand experience on design.
Preparation for Employment
The course prepares you for a perfect employment through real-time, industry-standard project works and through the motivation to work with external clients. Above all, your portfolio will be sent to production houses for review and for enhancing the chances of winning a job.
The B.Sc. Game Design and Development course at ICAT loads you with all necessary skills that invite career opportunities and that gives you the confidence to self-employ yourself. Whatever you choose to, ICAT’s long-term relationships with top companies in field and the successful bank of alumni will help you start the career that you wish. Our placement services will help you grow in your career, even after you become our alumni.
What can You be?
On completing this course, you can be:
- 3D Low Polygon Modeler
- Texture Artist
- 3D Game Artist
- 3D Environment Artist
- Effects Animator
- Audio / Video Programmer
- Character Animator
- Plugin Developer
- Level Designer
- Tool Developer
- Particle / Special Effects
Where can You be?
On completing this course, you can work at:
- Game Design Studios
- Game Development Studios
- Simulation Industries
- IT Corporate for Creative Process and Functions
- User Experience Design Industries
- Virtual Reality/ Augmented Reality Industries
- Web Development Houses
Through 100% placement, we introduce all our students to the industry of their passion. With the knowledge they have gained at ICAT, the students reach more heights in their field of work. Just to mention, many of our students are now a part of National & International gaming companies and have worked in many famous Video Game titles.
Why Choose ICAT to Study the Game Design and Development Course?
Being India’s largest Media College, ICAT offers the best courses in India that are acknowledged in the National and International front.
One such best course is the B.Sc. (Hons) - Game Design and Development to serve talents to the Gaming industry.
Pursue at ICAT
Here are few highlighting points that insist why you should pursue the course at ICAT.
- Industry-standard curriculum
- Internationally-acclaimed degree
- Assured placement
- Labs equipped with industry-standard software
- Enhanced learning experience
- Faculties with perfect subject knowledge and teaching skills
- Professionals in the industry as guest lecturers
- Live industry experience through professional practices with external clients
- Dissertations created by students
- Fully supported and guided Project work
- Design portfolios highlighting individual strength of each student is sent to production houses for review
- Students of a batch are allocated a Personal Mentor, who will guide a student through the Personal Development Planning process.
- Each student will be allocated a supervisor for their studies to provide support for their project and dissertation.
- A separate Students Service Desk is managed at each location with a Student Advisor as part of the desk. The Student Advisor provides guidance and advice about finance, study skills, personal problems and many other matters.
- The Student Service Desk organizes club activities and other get together.
- The Student Service Desk acts as a contact point for parents/Guardians and also they organize for liaison meeting between staff and students.
- Dedicated, Spacious classrooms for each department
- Library with essential readings, reference books, latest journals and magazines
- Locker facilities for students to safeguard their study-related materials
- Membership with British Council Library, American Library
- Personal tutoring space, where students can interact with the dedicated personal tutor to discuss their projects and ideas
- Exclusively designed space for students to work in groups and also as individuals, based on project types
- Common working zone, where students can work along with other department students
- Students lounge, for students to relax and recreate
- Air conditioned seminar hall for guest lectures and workshops
- Hostel Facilities for students
The placement cell at ICAT works closely with all the students until they get placed in the field of their passion. With around 50,000 alumni working in different levels in the industry, the Placement Cell maintains contacts with various leading companies. So far, the Placement Cell is proud to maintain a record of 100% placement, and in Top Companies in India.
During the tenure at the college, each student is motivated to participate in National Level and International competitions, where they can showcase their talents and personally understand where they stand among the students of rest of the world. In this regard, our students have so far won numerous awards in both National and International Competitions.
With ICAT, you have the opportunity to study at any of our 3 state-of-the-art campuses located at the Shores of Bay of Bengal (Chennai), Silicon Valley of India (Bangalore), and the City of Pearls (Hyderabad).
The ICAT campuses are located at the heart of the Capital cities of three important states in South India. The strategically located campuses expose the students to eminent landmarks/events of the metropolitan cities, which is very important for the Creators of Tomorrow to understand the trending world.
The campuses of ICAT College are loaded with spacious classrooms, library with essential readings, locker facilities for students, air-conditioned halls, personal tutoring space, common working zone, students’ lounge and so on.
ICAT Design & Media College
153, Santhome High Road,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004.
044 - 4293 4293,
+91 - 95001 28555
ICAT Design & Media College
424, Bommanahalli, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore - 560 068.
080 - 4110 7755,
+91 - 96111 73607
Get Admission/Fees Details
* Required Fields