The B.Sc. Game Programming at ICAT is a 3 years, full-time program, which provides you with vast programming skills that enable you to be an outstanding Game Programmer/Developer, AI Programmer, Level Designer, Tool /Apps Developer and Particle / Special Effects Programmer.
This is an extensive course that lets you explore every related technique / tool / programming language that help you instil the soul for your games. The course teaches right from design basics, digital logic, and math and physics behind games, to Android / other mobile game development and AI for games.
Need to Study Game Programming
While game designing involves creation of the look and feel of a game, programming gives life to a game; it makes the game workable. Though designing and programming are equally important, programming involves more challenges which are logical and functional to a game.
With the increase in people’s passion towards games, the need for skilful Game Programmers keeps moving up. At ICAT, we develop such skilful Game programmers through regular guidance and intense practice.
What will You Learn?
The course will help you to:
- Identify the right design elements to address a brief.
- Understand the theory behind human computer interaction.
- Design data with analytical and technical considerations, and manage a database.
- Understand the computer architecture, Digital Logic and networking systems.
- Diagnose and solve operating system and hardware problems related to gaming.
- Develop action scripts in Adobe Flash.
- Understand the concepts of Java, Android game development and other mobile gaming technologies.
- Perform graphics programming.
- Apply the Math and Physics behind gaming.
- Perform Game Level Designing.
- Create Console games.
- Develop applications for Web.
- Develop games using game engines.
- Apply Artificial Intelligence for games.
- Design content to address a real world problem for an external client.
- Gain confidence in undertaking self-discipline project work.
- Initiate assignments, manage own learning and investigate appropriate research methodology and reflective practice.
The course includes various modules that are coined to prepare the students for latest industry demands.
|AND110||Art & Design for Interactive Media|
|INT101||Professional Context, Technology & Communication Methods|
|INT102||Data Design & Analysis|
|INT103||Introduction to Programming|
|INT104||Computer Systems Technology|
|INT105||Specialist Practice I: Introduction to Game Development|
|INT202||Specialist Practice II: Graphics Programming|
|INT203||Specialist Practice III: Console Game Development|
|INT204||Web Technology I|
|INT205||Computer Communication Networks|
|INT301||Web Technology II|
|INT302||Specialist Practice IV: Game Development using Engine|
The learning outcome of each module is assessed through periodical Formative Assessments (min. of 3), Assignments, Research Works, and through the originality, innovation, and product of the final Project. Also, continuous monitoring of each student is done throughout the year through peer assessments and internal/external reviews.
During the course, you will be exposed to latest industry trends through Workshops, Seminars, and Guest Lectures from professionals in the field; Industrial Visits to game related industries; Real-time and Professional Practices at leading organizations; and live streaming of global Seminars.
ICAT offers its students with fully-equipped labs with all the necessary industry-standard software, Gaming Lounge for recreation and study, Gaming Consoles to play and explore games, Game Library to dwell into the technology, and access to Art and Design Studios for first-hand experience on design.
Preparation for Employment
The course prepares you for a perfect employment through real-time, industry-standard project works and through the motivation to work with external clients. Above all, your portfolio will be sent to production houses for review and for enhancing the chances of winning a job.
The B.Sc. Game Programming course at ICAT gives you a fortune of programming and development skills that would be appreciated in any related company. ICAT’s long-term relationships with top companies in field will help you start the career that you wish. Our placement services will help you grow in your career, even after you become our alumni.
What can You be?
On completing this course, you can be:
- AI Programmer
- Audio / Video Programmer
- Plug-in Developer
- Game Play Programmer
- Level Designer
- Tool Developer
- Game Engine Programmer
- Particle / Special Effects Programmer
- Console Game Programmer
- Mobile Game Developer
- Apps Developer
- Web Game Developer
Where can You be?
On completing this course, you can work at:
- Game Development Studios
- Simulation Industries
- Research Data Visualisation Industries
- IT Corporate for Creative Process and Functions
- User Experience Design Industries
- Virtual Reality/ Augmented Reality Industries
- Web Development Houses
Through 100% placement, we introduce all our students to the industry of their passion. With the knowledge they have gained at ICAT, the students reach more heights in their field of work. Just to mention, many of our students are now a part of National & International gaming companies and have worked in many famous Video Game titles.
Why Choose ICAT to Study the Game Programming Course?
Being India’s largest Media College, ICAT offers the best courses in India that are acknowledged in the National and International front.
One such best course is B.Sc. (Hons) - Game Programming, which serves best talents to the Gaming industry.
Pursue at ICAT
Here are few highlighting points that insist why you should pursue the course at ICAT.
- ICAT offers Industry-standard curriculum designed by Advisory board members spread around the globe
- ICAT offers Internationally-acclaimed degree
- ICAT offers Assured placement
- At ICAT, the practice labs are fully equipped with industry-standard software
- ICAT provides enhanced learning experience
- Faculties at ICAT are trained for teaching skills and are with perfect subject knowledge
- ICAT brings in professionals in the industry as guest lecturers
- It provides live industry experience through professional practices with external clients
- It insists in dissertations to be created by students
- It offers fully supported and guided Project work
- Design portfolios highlighting individual strength of each student is sent to production houses for review
- Students of a batch are allocated a Personal Mentor, who will guide a student through the Personal Development Planning process.
- Each student will be allocated a supervisor for their studies to provide support for their project and dissertation.
- A separate Students Service Desk is managed at each location with a Student Advisor as part of the desk. The Student Advisor provides guidance and advice about finance, study skills, personal problems and many other matters.
- The Student Service Desk organizes club activities and other get together.
- The Student Service Desk acts as a contact point for parents/Guardians and also they organize for liaison meeting between staff and students.
- Dedicated, Spacious classrooms for each department
- Library with essential readings, reference books, latest journals and magazines
- Locker facilities for students to safeguard their study-related materials
- Membership with British Council Library, American Library
- Personal tutoring space, where students can interact with the dedicated personal tutor to discuss their projects and ideas
- Exclusively designed space for students to work in groups and also as individuals, based on project types
- Common working zone, where students can work along with other department students
- Students lounge, for students to relax and recreate
- Air conditioned seminar hall for guest lectures and workshops
- Hostel Facilities for students
The placement cell at ICAT works closely with all the students until they get placed in the field of their passion. With around 50,000 alumni working in different levels in the industry, the Placement Cell maintains contacts with various leading companies. So far, the Placement Cell is proud to maintain a record of 100% placement, and in Top Companies in India.
During the tenure at the college, each student is motivated to participate in National Level and International competitions, where they can showcase their talents and personally understand where they stand among the students of rest of the world. In this regard, our students have so far won numerous awards in both National and International Competitions.
With ICAT, you have the opportunity to study at any of our 3 state-of-the-art campuses located at the Shores of Bay of Bengal (Chennai), Silicon Valley of India (Bangalore), and the City of Pearls (Hyderabad).
The ICAT campuses are located at the heart of the Capital cities of three important states in South India. The strategically located campuses expose the students to eminent landmarks/events of the metropolitan cities, which is very important for the Creators of Tomorrow to understand the trending world.
The campuses of ICAT College are loaded with spacious classrooms, library with essential readings, locker facilities for students, air-conditioned halls, personal tutoring space, common working zone, students’ lounge and so on.
ICAT Design & Media College
153, Santhome High Road,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004.
044 - 4293 4293,
+91 - 95001 28555
ICAT Design & Media College
424, Bommanahalli, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore - 560 068.
080 - 4110 7755,
+91 - 96111 73607
Get Admission/Fees Details
* Required Fields