The B.A. (Hons) Communication Design (Graphic Design) at ICAT is a 3 years, full-time program that helps nurture your creativity to develop attractive and communicative designs. The course can place you in Design/Animation Studios, Art Direction, Event Management, Corporate Houses and more.
This is a highly constructive course that offers intense practice in traditional and modern techniques of Art and Design for students to understand the elegance of traditional patterns and the luxury of modern designs.
Need to Study Graphic Design
The designs that we see each day, be it in a hoarding, hotel menu card, an invitation or any other form of visual communication, attracts us and makes us respond to the underlying product/service or the business. Thus design plays a major role in today’s economical world and it is important that the same is created by highly skilled professionals.
The B.A. (Hons) in Communication Design (Graphic Design) program at ICAT tutors students to bring out the creative skills in each individual and trains them to implement creative ideas in visually communicating a message.
What will You Learn?
The course will help you to:
- Identify and use the design elements and principles best suited for a design brief.
- Understand the fundamentals of design in context to visual communication.
- Create a visual message to reach appropriate target audience for different media.
- Generate ideas for visual communication through mind mapping and various other idea generation techniques.
- Design graphics to communicate an idea or a message, by using the right blend of text and images with appropriate design principles.
- Learn the history of art and design, and understand its impact on the current graphic design industry.
- Understand the fundamentals and nuances of Typography in context to Graphic design.
- Understand grids, layouts, print and production processes.
- Create digital illustrations and manipulate images.
- Prepare and Interpret creative briefs.
The course includes various modules that are coined to prepare the students for latest industry demands.
|COM101||Visual Communication Methods & Ethical Practice|
|COM102||Evolution of Art, Design & Culture|
|DMT101||Digital Illustration and Image Processing for Specialist Practice|
|COM103||Ideas Generation Development|
|COM201||Design & Communication for specialist practice|
|COM202||Communication & Media Production|
|COM203||Specialist Practice I: Graphic for Print & Advertising|
|COM204||Specialist Practice II: Graphic for Interactive Media|
|AND202||Pre-Production for Project & Dissertation|
|COM304||Visualisation for Project|
The learning outcome of each module is assessed through periodical Formative Assessments (min. of 3), Assignments, Research Works, and through the originality, innovation, and product of the final Project. Also, continuous monitoring of each student is done throughout the year through peer assessments and internal/external reviews.
During the course, you will be exposed to latest industry trends through Workshops, Seminars, and Guest Lectures from professionals in the field; Industrial Visits to graphic design related industries; Real-time and Professional Practices at leading organizations; and live streaming of global Seminars.
ICAT offers its students with a perfectly-equipped Digital space to work with industry-standard software, and well-equipped Photography studio with industry-standard cameras and all other necessary equipments.
Preparation for Employment
The course prepares you for a perfect employment through real-time, industry-standard project works and through the motivation to work with external clients. Above all, your portfolio will be sent to production houses for review and for enhancing the chances of winning a job.
The B.A. Graphic Design course at ICAT prepares you for specific visual communication needs of varied industries, so that you can choose to work for industry of your choice or freelance in your area of precision. Whatever you choose to, ICAT’s long-term relationships with top companies in field will aid in placing you at the best job. Our placement services will help you grow in your career, even after you become our alumni.
What can You be?
On completing this course, you can be:
- Graphic Designer
- Art Director
- Editorial Designer
- Design Educator
- Creative Consultant
Where can You be?
On completing this course, you can place yourself in:
- Publishing Firms
- Design Studios
- Corporate House
- Event Management Firms
- Animation Studio
- Design Education
- Film Industry
Through 100% placement, we introduce all our students to the industry of their passion. With the knowledge they have gained at ICAT, the students reach more heights in their field of work. Just to mention, many of our students are now a part of Hollywood, Bollywood and Kollywood movies, and have worked in many famous android and other OS games.
Why Choose ICAT to Study the Graphic Design Course?
Having rated as India’s No.1 Animation and Gaming College, ICAT holds more responsibility in offering its courses in the best ever way.
The B.A. (Hons) Communication Design - Graphic Design is one such program offered in the best way when compared to any competitors around.
Pursue at ICAT
Here are few highlighting points that insist why you should pursue the course at ICAT.
- The program provides 100% placement
- It is an International degree at Indian cost
- The curriculum is on par with the latest industry standards and requirements
- The students are provided complete access to lab facilities to practice learning
- The faculty members are well trained and are highly experienced in terms of technical knowledge and teaching skills
- The project work at the end of the course ensures professional output, which prepares the students for a real time work environment
- The professional practice arranged with external clients provides direct industry experience
- The students are motivated to develop design portfolios highlighting their individual strength in desired domain
- Students of a batch are allocated a Personal Mentor, who will guide a student through the Personal Development Planning process.
- Each student will be allocated a supervisor for their studies to provide support for their project and dissertation.
- A separate Students Service Desk is managed at each location with a Student Advisor as part of the desk. The Student Advisor provides guidance and advice about finance, study skills, personal problems and many other matters.
- The Student Service Desk organizes club activities and other get together.
- The Student Service Desk acts as a contact point for parents/Guardians and also they organize for liaison meeting between staff and students.
- Dedicated, Spacious classrooms for each department
- Membership with British Council Library, American Library
- Library with essential readings, reference books, latest journals and magazines
- Locker facilities for students to store their study material safe
- Air-conditioned hall for seminars and workshops
- Personal tutoring space, where students can interact with the dedicated personal tutor to discuss their projects and ideas
- Exclusively designed space for students to work in groups and also as individuals, based on project types
- Common working zone, where students can work along with other department students
- Students’ lounge, for students to relax and recreate
Being in the industry for around 2 decades now, the number of industry contacts established by ICAT is humongous. Such contacts are well maintained and utilized by our Placement cell to maintain the record of 100% placement, till date. Working closely with various leading companies, the Placement Cell has placed almost all the students in leading Companies in India.
During the tenure at the college, each student is motivated to participate in National Level and International competitions, where they can showcase their talents and personally understand where they stand among the students of rest of the world. In this regard, our students have so far won numerous awards in both National and International Competitions.
With ICAT, you have the opportunity to study at any of our 3 state-of-the-art campuses located at the Shores of Bay of Bengal (Chennai), Silicon Valley of India (Bangalore), and the City of Pearls (Hyderabad).
The ICAT campuses are located at the heart of the Capital cities of three important states in South India. The strategically located campuses expose the students to eminent landmarks/events of the metropolitan cities, which is very important for the Creators of Tomorrow to understand the trending world.
The campuses of ICAT College are loaded with spacious classrooms, library with essential readings, locker facilities for students, air-conditioned halls, personal tutoring space, common working zone, students’ lounge and so on.
ICAT Design & Media College
153, Santhome High Road,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004.
044 - 4293 4293,
+91 - 95001 28555
ICAT Design & Media College
424, Bommanahalli, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore - 560 068.
080 - 4110 7755,
+91 - 96111 73607
Need BETTER CLARITY on:
- The course structure
- Benefits of studying the course
- Placement opportunities
- Admission and fee structure
* Required Fields