The B.A. (Hons) Interior Design at ICAT is a 3 years, full-time program that helps you groom as the most technically-efficient Interior Designer. The course can also groom you as an Interior Product Designer, Office/Exhibition/Theatrical Space Planner, Lighting/Environment Consultant, and so on.
This is a vast course that trains you in different faces of Interior Designing, right from construction materials and building plan interpretation to space planning as per usability needs, lighting techniques, furnishing, and creating digital 3D space models.
Need to Study Interior Design
In the modern world, the boom in the field of real estate and the expectation of right ambience in every place has set a rapid growth in the field of Interior Designing. This has called for professionally trained Interior Designers.
The B.A. (Hons) in Interior Design program at ICAT tutors students to bring out the creative skills inside each individual and trains them to implement creative ideas in designing architectural space.
What will You Learn?
The course will help you to:
- Understand the design elements and principles, colour theories, and space planning techniques.
- Design interior spaces with best aesthetic and functional requirements.
- Understand the history of architecture and physical, functional, and aesthetic properties of built environment.
- Identify the right surface material for different parts of an interior space.
- Design interior spaces with respect to global environment issues.
- Explore manual and computer-aided drafting and lettering techniques.
- Design appropriate furniture addressing the design requirements.
- Create three-dimensional scaled physical models.
- Design wide range of residential spaces and commercial spaces like retail, office, etc., as per diverse human needs.
- Use CADD in detailing of interior spaces.
- Use appropriate software for project presentations.
- Practice 3 Dimensional visualization of the space using 3D software.
- Provide appropriate lighting effect to the interior spaces.
- Design Luminaires.
- Prepare Bill of Quantities for projects.
- Develop a collaborative project work in any Interior Design related area.
- Create presentation on research topics through dissertation.
- Create design portfolio.
The course includes various modules that are coined to prepare the students for latest industry demands.
|AND103||Introduction to Design & Design Study|
|DES101||Materials & Sources|
|DES102||Introduction to Sustainable Design & its Practical Application|
|AND104||Principles of Design & Graphics|
|AND105||Graphic & Visualisation|
|DMT103||Introduction to Computer-Aided Design|
|DES103||Design & Architectural History & Building Constructions|
|DES104||Furniture Design & Construction|
|DES201||Design Studio -1 (Residential Interior)|
|DES202||Design Studio -2 (Office Interior)|
|COM202||Communication & Media Production|
|DES203||Design Studio -3 (Small Scale Contract) (Sustainable|
|DES205||Interior Environmental Analysis|
|DMT201||CADD for Specialist Study (Interior Design)|
|DES204||Design Studio -4 (Retail/ Exhibition Interior)|
|DES206||Lighting Design for Interior|
|AND202||Prep for Project & Dissertation|
|DES303||Dissertation & Negotiated Project|
The learning outcome of each module is assessed through periodical Formative Assessments (min. of 3), Assignments, Research Works, and through the originality, innovation, and product of the final Project. Also, continuous monitoring of each student is done throughout the year through peer assessments and internal/external reviews.
During the course, you will be exposed to latest industry trends through Workshops, Seminars, and Guest Lectures from professionals in the field; Industrial Visits to interior design related industries; Real-time and Professional Practices at leading organizations; and live streaming of global Seminars.
ICAT offers its students with a dedicated Interior Design classroom with digital equipments, Interior workshop with industry-standard machineries, Interior Scaled Model Making workshop for miniature modelling, and access to Art Studio.
Preparation for Employment
The course prepares you for a perfect employment through real-time, industry-standard project works and through the motivation to work with external clients. Above all, your portfolio will be sent to production houses for review and for enhancing the chances of winning a job.
The B.A. Interior Design course at ICAT prepares you to design the space for anything around you by working for specific firms or by freelancing to choose the work of your choice. Whatever you choose to, ICAT’s long-term relationships with top companies in field will aid in placing you at the best job. Our placement services will help you grow in your career, even after you become our alumni.
What can You be?
On completing this course, you can be:
- Interior Design Consultant
- Residential Interior Designer
- Commercial Interior Designer
- Furniture Designer
- Office Space Planner
- Interior Product Designer
- Retail Designer
- Interior Product Design Consultant
- Exhibition Space Planner
- Furnishing & Colour Consultant
- Built Environment Consultant
- Interior Lighting Consultant
- Project Manager
- Set Designer
Where can You be?
On completing this course, you can place yourself in:
- Architectural, civil engineering and interior design firms
- Product design firms
- Furniture / modular furniture factories
- Product design firms
- Education sectors
- Real estate
- Hospitality industries
- Independent design consultancies
- Theatrical set designing firms
Through 100% placement, we introduce all our students to the industry of their passion. With the knowledge they have gained at ICAT, the students reach more heights in their field of work. Just to mention, many of our students are now a part of Hollywood, Bollywood and Kollywood movies, and have worked in many famous android and other OS games.
Why Choose ICAT to Study the Interior Design Course?
Having transformed young aspirants in to professionals in the Design and Media field for around two decades now, ICAT continues its service with the same zeal that was there when the institute was started.
ICAT offers its services through various UG and PG programs accredited by National and International universities.
Pursue at ICAT
Here are few highlighting points that insist why you should pursue the course at ICAT.
- Is a 100% placement-oriented program
- Offers International degree at Indian cost
- Incorporates best-in-class curriculum formulated by eminent professionals around the globe
- Includes best lab facilities
- Incorporates professional faculties who follows constructive teaching methodologies
- Motivates students to prepare Dissertations
- Includes a guided project work to create creative graphical representation of 3D spaces
- Arranges for professional practice with external clients that provide direct industry experience
- Guides the students to develop design portfolios highlighting their individual strength in desired categories
- Design portfolios is sent to production houses to extend the chance of winning a prominent career
- Students of a batch are allocated a Personal Mentor, who will guide a student through the Personal Development Planning process.
- Each student will be allocated a supervisor for their studies to provide support for their project and dissertation.
- A separate Students Service Desk is managed at each location with a Student Advisor as part of the desk. The Student Advisor provides guidance and advice about finance, study skills, personal problems and many other matters.
- The Student Service Desk organizes club activities and other get together.
- The Student Service Desk acts as a contact point for parents/Guardians and also they organize for liaison meeting between staff and students.
- Dedicated, Spacious classrooms for each department
- Library with essential readings, reference books, latest journals and magazines
- Membership with British Council Library, American Library
- Locker facilities for students to store their study material safe
- Air-conditioned hall for seminars and workshops
- Personal tutoring space, where students can interact with the dedicated personal tutor to discuss their projects and ideas
- Exclusively designed space for students to work in groups and also as individuals, based on project types
- Common working zone, where students can work along with other department students
- Students’ lounge, for students to relax and recreate
ICAT, the Placement Cell works continuously to place all the students at the right place. The Placement Cell maintains a proud record of 100% placement,till date. Working closely with various leading companies, the Placement Cell has placed almost all the students in Top Companies in India.
During the tenure at the college, each student is motivated to participate in National Level and International competitions, where they can showcase their talents and personally understand where they stand among the students of rest of the world. In this regard, our students have so far won numerous awards in both National and International Competitions.
With ICAT, you have the opportunity to study at any of our 3 state-of-the-art campuses located at the Shores of Bay of Bengal (Chennai), Silicon Valley of India (Bangalore), and the City of Pearls (Hyderabad).
The ICAT campuses are located at the heart of the Capital cities of three important states in South India. The strategically located campuses expose the students to eminent landmarks/events of the metropolitan cities, which is very important for the Creators of Tomorrow to understand the trending world.
The campuses of ICAT College are loaded with spacious classrooms, library with essential readings, locker facilities for students, air-conditioned halls, personal tutoring space, common working zone, students’ lounge and so on.
ICAT Design & Media College
153, Santhome High Road,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004.
044 - 4293 4293,
+91 - 95001 28555
ICAT Design & Media College
424, Bommanahalli, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore - 560 068.
080 - 4110 7755,
+91 - 96111 73607
Need BETTER CLARITY on:
- The course structure
- Benefits of studying the course
- Placement opportunities
- Admission and fee structure
* Required Fields