The B.Sc. Multimedia Technology at ICAT is a 3 years, full-time program that introduces varied faces of media and lets you specialize in your area of passion. The course can place you in Animation / Vfx / Gaming studios, Design houses, Ad agencies, Film / Television industry, and so on.
This extensive course in varied Multimedia technologies trains you to design and develop various print materials, Web pages, 2D animations, matte paintings, 3D models, Motions Graphics, world-class Animation videos, and advanced visual effects.
Need to Study Multimedia Technology
The Media field has various technicalities involved in it, right from graphic designing to creating visual effects and editing audio. Understanding all the technicalities is necessary to have a sparkling career in the media industry.
What will You Learn?
The course will help you to:
- Create digital designs for various print materials like newspapers, brochures, posters, leaflets, packages, and books.
- Design attractive Web pages with right layout design by using HTML and CSS.
- Source images through digital photographs.
- Abide by the human rights and ethical values in every design created.
- Develop 2D animations by understanding Frame-by-Frame Animation, Figure Drawing, Cartooning, Storyboarding and Interactive Animation Techniques.
- Understand e-learning content development process/techniques.
- Apply Preproduction and Shooting techniques.
- Perform video editing and audio editing tasks.
- Create visual effects and Matte paintings.
- Understand the advanced techniques in art including figure drawing, anatomy and portraiture.
- Create 3D models, and add texture and lighting effects as appropriate for television videos or games.
- Specialize in ‘Motion Graphics’ or ‘Lighting & Rendering’ and ‘Advanced Visual Effects’ or ‘Rigging & Animation’.
The course includes various modules that are coined to prepare the students for latest industry demands.
|11T / 11H /11M / 11F||Language – I (Tamil / Hindi / Malayalam / French)|
|12E||English - I|
|13A||Core 1: Image Editing Techniques|
|13B||Core 2: Graphic Designing|
|13P||Core Lab 1: Graphic Designing Lab|
|1AA||Allied Paper 1: Visual Design|
|21T / 21H / 21M / 21F||Language – II (Tamil / Hindi / Malayalam / French)|
|22E||English – II|
|23A||Core 3: Web Designing|
|23PA||Core 4: Web Designing Lab|
|23PB||Core Lab 2: Internet Basics Lab|
|2AA||Allied paper 2: Digital Photography|
|2FB||Value Education – Human Rights #|
|31A||Core 5: Interactive Animation Techniques|
|31P||Core Lab 3: Interactive Animation Techniques Lab|
|31B||Core 6: 2D Animation Techniques|
|3AA||Allied paper 3: Foundation Studies|
|3ZA||Skill based 1: E-Learning Content Development|
|3FC / 3FD||Non-major elective- I (Yoga for Human Excellence) # / Women’s Rights|
|41A||Core 7: Non Linear Editing|
|41P||Core Lab 4: Non Linear Editing Lab|
|41B||Core 8: Audio Editing|
|4AA||Allied paper 4: Preproduction & Shooting Techniques|
|4ZB||Skill based 2: Visual Effects|
|4FE||Non major elective|
|51A||Core 9: Advanced Art|
|51PA||Core Lab 5: Advanced Art Lab|
|51B||Core 10: 3D Design|
|51PB||Core Lab 6: 3D Design lab|
|5ZC||Skill based 3: Matte Painting|
|61A||Core 11: Dynamics Simulation|
|61PA||Core Lab 7: Dynamics Simulation Lab|
|6ZC||Skill based 4: 3D Animation|
|Elective I||5EA||Modeling & Texturing for Animation & Visual Effects|
|Elective II||6E1A||Motion Graphics|
|6E1B||Lighting & Rendering|
|Elective III||6E2A||Advanced Visual Effects|
|6E2B||Rigging & Animation|
The learning outcome of each module is assessed through Written Exams and Practical Exams conducted at the end of each semester, periodical Formative Assessments (min. of 3), Assignments, Research Works, and through the originality, innovation, and product of the final Project. Also, continuous monitoring of each student is done throughout the year through peer assessments and internal/external reviews.
During the course, you will be exposed to latest industry trends through Workshops, Seminars, and Guest Lectures from professionals in the field; Industrial Visits to media related industries; Real-time and Professional Practices at leading organizations; and live streaming of global Seminars.
ICAT offers its students with fully-equipped Multimedia labs with all the necessary industry-standard software, Photo studio and Blue/Green matte studio.
Preparation for Employment
The course prepares you for a perfect employment through real-time, industry-standard project works and through the motivation to work with external clients. Above all, your portfolio will be sent to production houses for review and for enhancing the chances of winning a job.
The B.Sc. Multimedia Technology course at ICAT provides specialized knowledge on your passionate area, which gives you the confidence and skill to immediately take up a career in the challenging industries. ICAT’s long-term relationships with top companies in field will aid in placing you at the best job. Our placement services will help you grow in your career, even after you become our alumni.
What can You be?
On completing this course, you can be:
- Character Designer
- Layout and Background Artist
- Digital Artists
- Digital Effects Animator
- Pre-Visualization Artist
- Restoration & Retouching Artist
- Graphic Designer
- Web Designer
- Digital Illustrator
- Flash Animator
- UI Designer
- UX Designer
- Rotoscopy Artist
- Wire / Rig Removal artist
- Video Editor
Where can You be?
On completing this course, you can work for:
- Animation Studios
- Visual Effects Studios
- Game Development Studios
- Design houses
- Advertising agencies
- Creative Process Outsourcing Companies
Through 100% placement, we introduce all our students to the industry of their passion. With the knowledge they have gained at ICAT, the students reach more heights in their field of work. Just to mention, many of our students are now a part of Hollywood, Bollywood and Kollywood movies, and have worked in many famous android and other OS games.
Why Choose ICAT to Study the Multimedia Technology Course?
Being a leading Digital Media college in India, ICAT is proud to have offered many professionals to the Media industry, who have worked in many leading National and International projects like Vishwaroopam, Vanakkam Chennai, Life of Pi, Smurfs, The Box, Cats and Dogs, Street Fighter, and many more to list.
Pursue at ICAT
Here are few highlighting points that insist why you should pursue the course at ICAT.
- Provides a curriculum in par with the industry requirements
- Offers the Degree from UGC approved University
- Provides Guaranteed placement
- Incorporates completely-equipped labs
- Imparts Constructive learning with appropriate teaching methodologies
- Includes faculties with perfect subject knowledge and teaching skills
- Invites Industry professionals as guest lecturers
- Provides Live industry experience through professional practices with external clients
- Insists on dissertations to be created by students that help in practice the learning
- Includes fully-supported and guided project work
- Design portfolios highlighting individual strength of each student is sent to production houses for review
- Students of a batch are allocated a Personal Mentor, who will guide a student through the Personal Development Planning process.
- Each student will be allocated a supervisor for their studies to provide support for their project and dissertation.
- A separate Students Service Desk is managed at each location with a Student Advisor as part of the desk. The Student Advisor provides guidance and advice about finance, study skills, personal problems and many other matters.
- The Student Service Desk organizes club activities and other get together.
- The Student Service Desk acts as a contact point for parents/Guardians and also they organize for liaison meeting between staff and students.
- Dedicated, Spacious classrooms for each department
- Library with essential readings, reference books, latest journals and magazines
- Membership with British Council Library, American Library
- Air-conditioned hall for seminars and workshops
- Locker facilities for students to safeguard their study-related materials
- Personal tutoring space, where students can interact with the dedicated personal tutor to discuss their projects and ideas
- Exclusively designed space for students to work in groups and also as individuals, based on project types
- Common working zone, where students can work along with other department students
- Students lounge, for students to relax and recreate
With its long, successful presence in the Digital Media education industry, ICAT has gained valuable contacts of leading companies in the industry. These contacts are well utilized by the Placement Cell at ICAT, which strives to place all the students in the field of their passion. So far, the Placement Cell is proud to maintain a record of 100% placement and in Top Companies in India.
During the tenure at the college, each student is motivated to participate in National Level and International competitions, where they can showcase their talents and personally understand where they stand among the students of rest of the world. In this regard, our students have so far won numerous awards in both National and International Competitions.
With ICAT, you have the opportunity to study at any of our 3 state-of-the-art campuses located at the Shores of Bay of Bengal (Chennai), Silicon Valley of India (Bangalore), and the City of Pearls (Hyderabad).
The ICAT campuses are located at the heart of the Capital cities of three important states in South India. The strategically located campuses expose the students to eminent landmarks/events of the metropolitan cities, which is very important for the Creators of Tomorrow to understand the trending world.
The campuses of ICAT College are loaded with spacious classrooms, library with essential readings, locker facilities for students, air-conditioned halls, personal tutoring space, common working zone, students’ lounge and so on.
ICAT Design & Media College
153, Santhome High Road,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004.
044 - 4293 4293,
+91 - 95001 28555
ICAT Design & Media College
424, Bommanahalli, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore - 560 068.
080 - 4110 7755,
+91 - 96111 73607
Need BETTER CLARITY on:
- The course structure
- Benefits of studying the course
- Placement opportunities
- Admission and fee structure
* Required Fields