The B.A. (Hons) Communication Design (Photography) at ICAT is a 3 years, full-time program. It offers the most balanced theoretical and practical education that empowers you to practice every promising type of photography, acquire the best skills and start your career as a Specialist Photographer.
This course begins with the basics of design and visual communication, and explores through various specialist modules in Photography and relevant software. It helps you explore the different types of photography and practice your area of passion in intense.
Need to Study Photography
Capturing spellbinding moments and portraying them in the best possible manner can only be done by professionals in the field of Photography. Such professionals can be groomed only by experts in the field and such experts are associated with ICAT.
The B.A. (Hons) in Communication Design (Photography) program at ICAT tutors students to bring out the creative skills in each individual to capture the beauty of the world around us.
What will You Learn?
The course will help you to:
- Understand the evolution of art, design and media.
- Understand the design fundamentals and colour theory.
- Develop the skills to communicate an idea through visuals.
- Understand the ethical values behind visual messages.
- Manipulate the digital images by using the industry-standard software.
- Come up with ideas for visual representations through various methods.
- Understand the basic composition of photographs, camera parts and light exposures.
- Practice Fine Art and Portrait Photography.
- Practice Landscape and Travel Photography.
- Observe people and practice Candid and Street Photography.
- Prepare the photographs for different target audience and media.
- Understand Photo Journalism.
The course includes various modules that are coined to prepare the students for latest industry demands.
|COM101||Visual Communication Methods & Ethical Practice|
|COM102||Evolution of Art, Design & Culture|
|DMT101||Digital Illustration and Image Processing for Specialist Practice|
|COM103||Ideas Generation Development|
|COM201||Design & Communication for specialist practice|
|COM202||Communication & Media Production|
|COM203||Specialist Practice I: Creative Photographic Communication|
|COM204||Specialist Practice II: Digital Image Creation for Different Applications|
|AND202||Pre-Production for Project & Dissertation|
|COM304||Visualisation for Project|
The learning outcome of each module is assessed through periodical Formative Assessments (min. of 3), Assignments, Research Works, and through the originality, innovation, and product of the final Project. Also, continuous monitoring of each student is done throughout the year through peer assessments and internal/external reviews.
During the course, you will be exposed to latest industry trends through Workshops, Seminars, and Guest Lectures from professionals in the field; Industrial Visits to photography related industries; Real-time and Professional Practices at leading organizations; and live streaming of global Seminars.
ICAT offers its students with a well-equipped Photography studio that houses industry-standard Cameras, range of Lenses, Elinchrom Strobe Light Heads, Light Shaping Accessories, Apple iMac Computers loaded with industry-standard Software, Light Tent, Light Meters, Speedlite, Monfrotto Tripods, Filters, Gray and Focus Cards, and a Changing Facility.
Preparation for Employment
The course prepares you for a perfect employment through real-time, industry-standard project works and through the motivation to work with external clients. Above all, your portfolio will be sent to production houses for review and for enhancing the chances of winning a job.
The B.A. Photography course at ICAT is designed to prepare you for a successful career. We hold long-term relationships with top companies in field, which aids in placing you at the best job. Our corporate employer network will help you grow in your career, even after you become our alumni.
What can You be?
On completing this course, you can be:
- Press Photographer or Photo Journalist
- Fashion Photographer
- Portrait Photographer
- Wedding Photographer
- Industrial Photographer
- Wildlife Photographer
- Feature Photographer
Where can You be?
On completing this course, you can place yourself in:
- Photo Journalism or Press photography industry
- Fashion Industry
- Product and Commercial Industry
- Advertising Agencies
- Wildlife Photography
- Industrial Photography
- Freelance Photography
- Wedding photography industry
Through 100% placement, we introduce all our students to the industry of their passion. With the knowledge they have gained at ICAT, the students reach more heights in their field of work. Just to mention, many of our students are now a part of Hollywood, Bollywood and Kollywood movies, and have worked in many famous android and other OS games.
Why Choose ICAT to Study the Photography Course?
While most educationists were dreaming about the need for regular mode of learning in the Design and Media field, ICAT realised the dream by offering regular, specialised UG courses in early 2000.
From then on, ICAT introduced unique courses to address all the sectors of the Design field. The B.A. (Hons) Communication Design - Photography is one such unique course with state-of-the-art facilities.
Pursue at ICAT
Here are few highlighting points that insist why you should pursue the course at ICAT.
- Is a 100% placement-oriented program
- Is an International degree from BIAD, UK
- Incorporates a curriculum that is designed by the advisory board members, around the globe
- Includes a fully-equipped practice lab facilities
- Incorporates highly trained and experienced faculties
- Real-time practice of Street Photography, Wild Life Photography and other types of photography helps students understand the skill in a better way
- Insists students to create Dissertations
- Prepares the students for a real-time work environment through final project work
- Provides direct industry experience through professional practice
- Insists on portfolio preparation, which is then sent to production houses extending the chance of winning a prominent career
- Students of a batch are allocated a Personal Mentor, who will guide a student through the Personal Development Planning process.
- Each student will be allocated a supervisor for their studies to provide support for their project and dissertation.
- A separate Students Service Desk is managed at each location with a Student Advisor as part of the desk. The Student Advisor provides guidance and advice about finance, study skills, personal problems and many other matters.
- The Student Service Desk organizes club activities and other get together.
- The Student Service Desk acts as a contact point for parents/Guardians and also they organize for liaison meeting between staff and students.
- Dedicated, Spacious classrooms for each department
- Membership with British Council Library, American Library
- Library with essential readings, reference books, latest journals and magazines
- Locker facilities for students to store their study material safe
- Air-conditioned hall for seminars and workshops
- Personal tutoring space, where students can interact with the dedicated personal tutor to discuss their projects and ideas
- Exclusively designed space for students to work in groups and also as individuals, based on project types
- Common working zone, where students can work along with other department students
- Students’ lounge, for students to relax and recreate
Serving the industry with skilled professional for around 17 years now, ICAT has enormous list of contacts in the current industry. Such contacts are well maintained and utilized by our Placement cell to maintain the record of 100% placement, till date. Working closely with various leading companies, the Placement Cell has placed almost all the students in Top Companies in India.
During the tenure at the college, each student is motivated to participate in National Level and International competitions, where they can showcase their talents and personally understand where they stand among the students of rest of the world. In this regard, our students have so far won numerous awards in both National and International Competitions.
With ICAT, you have the opportunity to study at any of our 3 state-of-the-art campuses located at the Shores of Bay of Bengal (Chennai), Silicon Valley of India (Bangalore), and the City of Pearls (Hyderabad).
The ICAT campuses are located at the heart of the Capital cities of three important states in South India. The strategically located campuses expose the students to eminent landmarks/events of the metropolitan cities, which is very important for the Creators of Tomorrow to understand the trending world.
The campuses of ICAT College are loaded with spacious classrooms, library with essential readings, locker facilities for students, air-conditioned halls, personal tutoring space, common working zone, students’ lounge and so on.
ICAT Design & Media College
153, Santhome High Road,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004.
044 - 4293 4293,
+91 - 95001 28555
ICAT Design & Media College
424, Bommanahalli, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore - 560 068.
080 - 4110 7755,
+91 - 96111 73607
Need BETTER CLARITY on:
- The course structure
- Benefits of studying the course
- Placement opportunities
- Admission and fee structure
* Required Fields