The B.Sc. (Hons) UI Design and Development course at ICAT is a 3 years, full-time program, which would aid you to seek highly important roles in Web / Mobile App Development companies, Graphic Design companies, and UX Design organizations.
This is an extensive course that provides an all-round knowledge on advanced UI Design and Development, including basic design elements, database management, OOPS, Web page design, authoring, UI development for mobile apps, Artificial Intelligence and GUI.
Need to Study UI Design and Development
The first thing that attracts a user towards a Web page or any digital app is the way it is designed. Further, any digital product will gain more audience only when the UI is user friendly. While a UI plays a very important role in the popularity and usability of digital products, designing a perfect UI from professional hands is very important.
ICAT trains you to become such a professional UI Designer.
What will You Learn?
The course will help you to:
- Identify the right design elements to address a brief.
- Understand the various communication methods and presentation skills.
- Design data with analytical and technical considerations, and manage a database.
- Use OOPS concepts in scripting.
- Understand the computer architecture, OS, Digital Logic and networking systems.
- Understand the technical requirements of Web page design and authoring.
- Develop Web pages by using scripts.
- Design UI for mobile applications.
- Create a prototype of UI.
- Understand multi-tier architecture in developing applications.
- Develop interactive Web applications.
- Diagnose and solve operating system and hardware problems.
- Develop GUI for applications.
- Apply Artificial Intelligence in developing UI.
The course includes various modules that are coined to prepare the students for latest industry demands.
|AND101||Art & Design for Interactive Media|
|INT101||Professional Context, Technology & Communication Methods|
|INT102||Data Design & Analysis|
|INT103||Introduction to Programming|
|INT104||Computer Systems Technology|
|INT105||Specialist Practice I|
|INT202||Specialist Practice II: Prototyping for UI|
|INT203||Specialist Practice III: Multitier Application Development|
|INT204||Web Technology I|
|INT205||Computer Communication Networks|
|INT301||Web Technology II|
|INT302||Specialist Practice IV: GUI for Application Development & Augmented|
The learning outcome of each module is assessed through periodical Formative Assessments (min. of 3), Assignments, Research Works, and through the originality, innovation, and product of the final Project. Also, continuous monitoring of each student is done throughout the year through peer assessments and internal/external reviews.
During the course, you will be exposed to latest industry trends through Workshops, Seminars, and Guest Lectures from professionals in the field; Industrial Visits to UI design and development related industries; Real-time and Professional Practices at leading organizations; and live streaming of global Seminars.
ICAT offers its students with fully-equipped labs with all the necessary industry-standard software, Gaming Lounge for recreation and study, Gaming Consoles to play and explore games, Game Library to dwell into the technology, and access to Art and Design Studios for first-hand experience on design.
Preparation for Employment
The course prepares you for a perfect employment through real-time, industry-standard project works and through the motivation to work with external clients. Above all, your portfolio will be sent to production houses for review and for enhancing the chances of winning a job.
The B.Sc. UI Design and Development course at ICAT takes you a step ahead of any Junior Designer/Developer of related streams. Along with quality training, best-in-class placement through ICAT’s long-term relationships with top companies in field will help you start a career that everyone would envy. Our placement services will help you grow in your career, even after you become our alumni.
What can You be?
On completing this course, you can be:
- User Interface Designer
- User Interface Developer
- Usability Engineer
- UI Tester
- Interaction Designer
- Information Architect
- Graphical User Interface Designer
Where can You be?
On completing this course, you can work at:
- Web Development Companies
- Mobile Application Development Organizations
- Graphic Design Companies
- User Experience Design Organizations
- App Development Organizations
- User Experience Design Industries
Through 100% placement, we introduce all our students to the industry of their passion. With the knowledge they have gained at ICAT, the students reach more heights in their field of work. Just to mention, many of our students are now a part of Hollywood, Bollywood and Kollywood movies, and have worked in many famous android and other OS games.
Why Choose ICAT to Study the UI Design and Development Course?
Having understood the need of high school students to further take up a regular course in Design and Media technology, ICAT has introduced various UG courses addressing the different faces of the industry.
From its creation, ICAT has been continuously improving the learning experience of each student through its best-in-class curriculum, infrastructure, collaboration with leading universities, and many more to list.
Pursue at ICAT
Here are few highlighting points that insist why you should pursue the course at ICAT.
- Industry-oriented curriculum
- International degree
- Guaranteed Placement
- Practice labs fully equipped with industry-standard software
- Superior learning experience
- Faculties with best industry knowledge
- Guest lecturers brings in current industry knowledge
- Real-time industry experience through professional practices with external clients
- Dissertations created by students helps in implementing the learning
- Guided Project work
- Design portfolios of each student sent to production houses for review increases the chance of winning a job sooner
- Students of a batch are allocated a Personal Mentor, who will guide a student through the Personal Development Planning process.
- Each student will be allocated a supervisor for their studies to provide support for their project and dissertation.
- A separate Students Service Desk is managed at each location with a Student Advisor as part of the desk. The Student Advisor provides guidance and advice about finance, study skills, personal problems and many other matters.
- The Student Service Desk organizes club activities and other get together.
- The Student Service Desk acts as a contact point for parents/Guardians and also they organize for liaison meeting between staff and students.
- Dedicated, Spacious classrooms for each department
- Library with essential readings, reference books, latest journals and magazines
- Locker facilities for students to safeguard their study-related materials
- Membership with British Council Library, American Library
- Personal tutoring space, where students can interact with the dedicated personal tutor to discuss their projects and ideas
- Exclusively designed space for students to work in groups and also as individuals, based on project types
- Common working zone, where students can work along with other department students
- Students lounge, for students to relax and recreate
- Air conditioned seminar hall for guest lectures and workshops
- Hostel Facilities for students
Being in the Digital Media Education industry for around two decades now, the Placement Cell at ICAT maintains contacts with various leading companies. The Placement Cell at ICAT works closely with all the students until they get placed in the field of their passion. So far, the Placement Cell is proud to maintain a record of 100% placement, and in Top Companies in India.
During the tenure at the college, each student is motivated to participate in National Level and International competitions, where they can showcase their talents and personally understand where they stand among the students of rest of the world. In this regard, our students have so far won numerous awards in both National and International Competitions.
With ICAT, you have the opportunity to study at any of our 3 state-of-the-art campuses located at the Shores of Bay of Bengal (Chennai), Silicon Valley of India (Bangalore), and the City of Pearls (Hyderabad).
The ICAT campuses are located at the heart of the Capital cities of three important states in South India. The strategically located campuses expose the students to eminent landmarks/events of the metropolitan cities, which is very important for the Creators of Tomorrow to understand the trending world.
The campuses of ICAT College are loaded with spacious classrooms, library with essential readings, locker facilities for students, air-conditioned halls, personal tutoring space, common working zone, students’ lounge and so on.
ICAT Design & Media College
153, Santhome High Road,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004.
044 - 4293 4293,
+91 - 95001 28555
ICAT Design & Media College
424, Bommanahalli, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore - 560 068.
080 - 4110 7755,
+91 - 96111 73607
Need BETTER CLARITY on:
- The course structure
- Benefits of studying the course
- Placement opportunities
- Admission and fee structure
* Required Fields