The B.A. (Hons) Communication Design (Visual Effects) course at ICAT is a 3 years, full-time program, which would prepare you for a career as Compositor, Technical Director, Vfx Supervisor, Cinematographer, Editor and much more.
This is an extensive course that provides intense practice on model drawings, storyboarding, modelling, animation, rotoscoping, CG compositing, object tracking, entrepreneurial skills and much more that grooms you as a complete professional in field.
Need to Study Visual Effects
Visual effects are now seen in every other movie that hits the box office. Visual effects are also an important part in product advertisements to give hype about a product. With all this in place, the need for skilled Visual Effects Artists has gone up many folds.
The B.A. (Hons) Visual Effects program at ICAT is a program to groom such skilled professionals in the field of Visual Effects.
What will You Learn?
The course will help you to:
- Identify appropriate design elements in response to a brief.
- Understand the evolution of art and design.
- Create model drawings with right texture.
- Understand the ethical values behind visual representation.
- Create and edit digital illustrations.
- Depict concepts through series of visuals.
- Analyze how to address a design brief.
- Design storyboards in response to design brief.
- Perform clay modeling and miniature modeling and create animatics.
- Perform modeling, texturing, lighting, rigging and animation.
- Add dynamic effects.
- Set up camera and rigs.
- Practice Keying, Object tracking, Tracking and Stabilization.
- Practice rendering, editing and compositing videos.
- Practice rotoscoping, animation, re-timing, colour correction and CG compositing.
- Ideate, develop and independently manage a Visual effects production through self driven projects.
- Collect data, analyse them and independently manage a self-driven research project and create a dissertation report in academic format.
- Develop a portfolio with a body of work that enables placement in your chosen specialization.
- Develop entrepreneurial skills and create a business plan in the fields related to visual effects.
The course includes various modules that are coined to prepare the students for latest industry demands.
|COM101||Visual Communication Methods & Ethical Practice|
|COM102||Evolution of Art, Design & Culture|
|DMT101||Digital Illustration and Image Processing for Specialist Practice|
|COM103||Ideas Generation Development|
|COM201||Design & Communication for specialist practice|
|COM202||Communication & Media Production|
|COM203||Specialist Practice I: Compositing|
|COM204||Specialist Practice II: CG & Effects|
|AND202||Pre-Production for Project & Dissertation|
|COM304||Visualisation for Project|
The learning outcome of each module is assessed through periodical Formative Assessments (min. of 3), Assignments, Research Works, and through the originality, innovation, and product of the final Project. Also, continuous monitoring of each student is done throughout the year through peer assessments and internal/external reviews.
During the course, you will be exposed to latest industry trends through Workshops, Seminars, and Guest Lectures from professionals in the field; Industrial Visits to Vfx related industries; Real-time and Professional Practices at leading organizations; and live streaming of global Seminars.
ICAT offers its students with fully-equipped labs with all the necessary industry-standard software, industry-standard Chroma Studio, and Photography studio with professional cameras, lenses and other related equipments.
Preparation for Employment
The course prepares you for a perfect employment through real-time, industry-standard project works and through the motivation to work with external clients. Above all, your portfolio will be sent to production houses for review and for enhancing the chances of winning a job.
The B.A. Visual Effects course at ICAT prepares you for highly fascinating and promising careers that any creative mind would crave for. Along with quality training, best-in-class placement through ICAT’s long-term relationships with top companies in field will help you start such a fascinating career. Our placement services will help you grow in your career, even after you become our alumni.
What can You be?
On completing this course, you can be:
- Digital Artists
- Digital Effects Animator
- Digital Effects Painter
- Pre-Visualization Artist
- Technical Director
- Visual Effects Supervisor
The holistic understanding acquired through this program also enables you to pursue your careers with further specialization in,
- Film Direction
- Graphic Design
Where can You be?
On completing this course, you can work for:
- VFX Studios
- Film Industries
- Television Production Houses
- Advertisements and product demos
- Interior designing
- Computer / Mobile game development
- Medical simulations
- Educational institutions
- Computer-based trainings and Web-based trainings
Through 100% placement, we introduce all our students to the industry of their passion. With the knowledge they have gained at ICAT, the students reach more heights in their field of work. Just to mention, many of our students are now a part of Hollywood, Bollywood and Kollywood movies.
Why Choose ICAT to Study the Visual Effects Course?
Backing the responsibility of uplifting the Design and Media industry in India, ICAT has framed various UG and PG courses with best industry-standard curriculum.
One such UG program is the B.A. (Hons) in Communication Design (Visual Effects) program that trains its students to suit the right industry needs.
Pursue at ICAT
Here are few highlighting points that insist why you should pursue the course at ICAT.
- Provides industry-standard curriculum
- Offers a degree that is internationally-acclaimed
- Is a course that offers assured placement
- Incorporates labs that are equipped with industry-standard software
- Enhances the learning experience through constructive teaching methodologies
- Incorporates faculties with perfect subject knowledge and trained in teaching skills
- Incorporates guest lecturers, who are skilled professionals in the industry
- Provides live industry experience through professional practices with external clients
- Insists on Dissertation creation
- Incorporates well supported and guided Project work
- Increases the chance of winning best job by sending Design portfolios highlighting individual strength of each student production houses for review
- Students of a batch are allocated a Personal Mentor, who will guide a student through the Personal Development Planning process.
- Each student will be allocated a supervisor for their studies to provide support for their project and dissertation.
- A separate Students Service Desk is managed at each location with a Student Advisor as part of the desk. The Student Advisor provides guidance and advice about finance, study skills, personal problems and many other matters.
- The Student Service Desk organizes club activities and other get together.
- The Student Service Desk acts as a contact point for parents/Guardians and also they organize for liaison meeting between staff and students.
- Dedicated, Spacious classrooms for each department
- Membership with British Council Library, American Library
- Library with essential readings, reference books, latest journals and magazines
- Locker facilities for students to store their study material safe
- Auditorium with a seating capacity of 120 to screen the movies and shots created by the students and review them
- Discussion rooms to facilitate students and faculties to review the progression of the projects and assignments.
- A Student lounge with games and Wi-Fi facility for the students to spend their leisure hours
- Common working zone, where students can work along with other department students
The placement cell at ICAT works closely with all the students until they get placed in the field of their passion. With around 50,000 alumni working in different levels in the industry, the Placement Cell maintains contacts with various leading companies. So far, the Placement Cell is proud to maintain a record of 100% placement and in Top Companies in India.
During the tenure at the college, each student is motivated to participate in National Level and International competitions, where they can showcase their talents and personally understand where they stand among the students of rest of the world. In this regard, our students have so far won numerous awards in both National and International Competitions.
With ICAT, you have the opportunity to study at any of our 3 state-of-the-art campuses located at the Shores of Bay of Bengal (Chennai), Silicon Valley of India (Bangalore), and the City of Pearls (Hyderabad).
The ICAT campuses are located at the heart of the Capital cities of three important states in South India. The strategically located campuses expose the students to eminent landmarks/events of the metropolitan cities, which is very important for the Creators of Tomorrow to understand the trending world.
The campuses of ICAT College are loaded with spacious classrooms, library with essential readings, locker facilities for students, air-conditioned halls, personal tutoring space, common working zone, students’ lounge and so on.
ICAT Design & Media College
153, Santhome High Road,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004.
044 - 4293 4293,
+91 - 95001 28555
ICAT Design & Media College
424, Bommanahalli, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore - 560 068.
080 - 4110 7755,
+91 - 96111 73607
Get Admission/Fees Details
* Required Fields