The B.Sc. (Hons) Visual Media course at ICAT is a 3 years, full-time program. This course can place you in Design houses, Advertising firms, TV/Film industries, Photography studios, Radio channels and in much more creative fields.
With an intention to sculpt all round professionals, this course provides intense knowledge on graphic/Web designing, advertising, communication theories, photography, media production, event management techniques and project management.
Need to Study Visual Media
The basic skill to seek a career in the Visual Media world is to think out of the box, visualize concepts and visually represent the concepts, as appropriate to the delivery mode, which can be print, television, movies, Web or Smart devices.
The B.Sc. Visual Media program nurtures these skills to have a successful career in the Media industry.
What will You Learn?
The course will help you to:
- Improve language skills to fit the communication needs of the industry.
- Understand the basics of Visual communication and Visualization.
- Understand various communication medium.
- Explore the communication theories, television production, advertising and its application to solve the social needs through imagination and creative tools.
- Procure knowledge on evolution of the Graphic industry, its growth, its current form and the process of making Print production.
- Get hands-on, practical experience in commercial broadcasting and print publications.
- Understand the different communication systems and commercial broadcasting techniques.
- Practice different types of Photography.
- Create Web designs.
- Understand film making concepts and practice post-processing techniques.
- Understand the media ethical aspects of designing for global audience.
- Write scripts and plan media/video production.
- Understand Event Management techniques.
- Procure project management skills.
- Create own portfolio showcasing design skills.
The course includes various modules that are coined to prepare the students for latest industry demands.
|11T / 11H /11M / 11F||Language – I (Tamil / Hindi / Malayalam / French)|
|12E||English - I|
|13A||Core 1: Introduction to Visual communication|
|13B||Core 2: Visualisation|
|13P||Core Lab 1: Visualisation Practical|
|1AP||Allied Paper 1: Communication and Media|
|21T / 21H / 21M / 21F||Language – II (Tamil / Hindi / Malayalam / French)|
|22E||English – II|
|23A||Core 3: Communication System and Theories|
|23B||Core 4: Graphic Production|
|23P||Core Lab 2: Print production (Practical)|
|2AA||Allied Paper 2: Printing and Publication|
|2FB||Value Education – Human Rights|
|31A||Core 5: Television|
|31P||Core Lab 3: TV production (Practical)|
|31B||Core 6: Advertising|
|3AA||Allied Paper 3: Commercial Broadcasting|
|3ZA||Skill Based 1: Writing for Print and Broadcasting|
|3FC / 3FD||Non-major Elective- I (Yoga for Human Excellence) # / Women's Rights|
|41A||Core 7: Basic Photography|
|41P||Core Lab 4: Photography (practical)|
|41B||Core 8: Elements of film|
|4AA||Allied paper 4: Web Design|
|4ZB||Skill based 2: Media Ethics|
|51A||Core 9: Media Planning|
|51PA||Core Lab 5: Script Writing (practical)|
|51B||Core 10: Event management|
|51PB||Core Lab 6: Video production (Practical)|
|5ZC||Skill based 3: History of Media, Culture and Society|
|61A||Core 11: Research Practices|
|61PA||Core Lab 7: Portfolio Presentation|
|6ZC||Skill based 4: Professional Practice|
|Elective I||5EA||Introduction to design and Visual culture|
|Elective II||6E1A||Computers in communication media|
|Elective III||6E2A||Screen play|
|6E2B||Film marketing and distribution|
The learning outcome of each module is assessed through Written Exams and Practical Exams conducted at the end of each semester, periodical Formative Assessments (min. of 3), Assignments, Research Works, and through the originality, innovation, and product of the final Project. Also, continuous monitoring of each student is done throughout the year through peer assessments and internal/external reviews.
During the course, you will be exposed to latest industry trends through Workshops, Seminars, and Guest Lectures from professionals in the field; Industrial Visits to media related industries; Real-time and Professional Practices at leading organizations; and live streaming of global Seminars.
ICAT offers its students with fully-equipped studios like, Television Studio, Chroma Key Studio, Design Studio, Photography Studio, Art Studio, Wet / Dry Studio and Audio Studio.
Preparation for Employment
The course prepares you for a perfect employment through real-time, industry-standard project works and through the motivation to work with external clients. Above all, your portfolio will be sent to production houses for review and for enhancing the chances of winning a job.
The B.Sc. Visual Media course at ICAT prepares you for enthusiastic and esteem careers that any creative mind would look out for. Along with quality training, best-in-class placement through ICAT’s long-term relationships with top companies in field will help you start your passionate career. Our placement services will help you grow in your career, even after you become our alumni.
What can You be?
On completing this course, you can be:
- Advertising Designer
- Web Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Event Manager
- Visualization Artist
- Television Programme Producer
- Radio Programme Producer
- Desktop Publisher
- Film Director
Where can You be?
On completing this course, you can work at:
- Creative Process Outsourcing Companies
- Design Houses
- Advertising Agencies
- Television Channels
- Print Industries
- Radio Channels
- Audio Studios
- Film Industries
- Photography Studios
- Television Production Houses
Through 100% placement, we introduce all our students to the industry of their passion. With the knowledge they have gained at ICAT, the students reach more heights in their field of work. Just to mention, many of our students are now a part of Hollywood, Bollywood and Kollywood movies, and have worked in many famous android and other OS games.
Why Choose ICAT to Study the Visual Media Course?
ICAT has been able to understand the industry needs around the globe, with its advisory board members spread across the globe.
This enables ICAT to offer the best-in-class courses that trains students to meet the industry needs and have an enthralling career.
Pursue at ICAT
Here are few highlighting points that insist why you should pursue the course at ICAT.
- Provides a curriculum framed as per the industry requirements
- Offers a Degree, that is recognised throughout India
- Provides assured placement for all
- Imparts Constructive teaching methodologies
- Includes faculties with good industry knowledge
- Invites Industry professionals as guest lecturers
- Provides real-time industry experience through professional practices with external clients
- Includes fully-supported and guided project work
- Design portfolios highlighting individual strength of each student are reviewed by industry professionals
- Students of a batch are allocated a Personal Mentor, who will guide a student through the Personal Development Planning process.
- Each student will be allocated a supervisor for their studies to provide support for their project and dissertation.
- A separate Students Service Desk is managed at each location with a Student Advisor as part of the desk. The Student Advisor provides guidance and advice about finance, study skills, personal problems and many other matters.
- The Student Service Desk organizes club activities and other get together.
- The Student Service Desk acts as a contact point for parents/Guardians and also they organize for liaison meeting between staff and students.
- Dedicated, Spacious classrooms for each department
- Library with essential readings, reference books, latest journals and magazines
- Membership with British Council Library, American Library
- Air-conditioned hall for seminars and workshops
- Locker facilities for students to safeguard their study-related materials
- Personal tutoring space, where students can interact with the dedicated personal tutor to discuss their projects and ideas
- Exclusively designed space for students to work in groups and also as individuals, based on project types
- Common working zone, where students can work along with other department students
- Students lounge, for students to relax and recreate
With its long, successful presence in the Digital Media education industry, ICAT has gained valuable contacts of leading companies in the industry. These contacts are well utilized by the Placement Cell at ICAT, which strives to place all the students in the field of their passion. So far, the Placement Cell is proud to maintain a record of 100% placement and in Top Companies in India.
During the tenure at the college, each student is motivated to participate in National Level and International competitions, where they can showcase their talents and personally understand where they stand among the students of rest of the world. In this regard, our students have so far won numerous awards in both National and International Competitions.
With ICAT, you have the opportunity to study at any of our 3 state-of-the-art campuses located at the Shores of Bay of Bengal (Chennai), Silicon Valley of India (Bangalore), and the City of Pearls (Hyderabad).
The ICAT campuses are located at the heart of the Capital cities of three important states in South India. The strategically located campuses expose the students to eminent landmarks/events of the metropolitan cities, which is very important for the Creators of Tomorrow to understand the trending world.
The campuses of ICAT College are loaded with spacious classrooms, library with essential readings, locker facilities for students, air-conditioned halls, personal tutoring space, common working zone, students’ lounge and so on.
ICAT Design & Media College
153, Santhome High Road,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004.
044 - 4293 4293,
+91 - 95001 28555
ICAT Design & Media College
424, Bommanahalli, Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore - 560 068.
080 - 4110 7755,
+91 - 96111 73607
Get Admission/Fees Details
* Required Fields